AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Church and civil authorities together for the safety of citizens
Santa Rosa ( Agenzia Fides) - "It is always good to find other people who are at the service of the community, especially knowing that we work for the same purpose, for the same people. I am convinced that dialogue is the right path to take in order to better serve the community. This was a positive experience". This is what the Bishop of the Diocese of Santa Rosa (Argentina), His Exc. Mgr. Raúl Martín said, after yesterday's meeting with the Minister of Justice and Security, Leonardo Villalva, during which various issues were discussed, including the issue of security.
The note sent to Fides by the diocese, highlights the Bishop’s satisfaction and full availability on behalf of all the civil authorities with regards to safety, expressed by the Minister: "We want the Church to know, in the person of the Bishop, that the community can rely on the government of the province, and we want all the leaders of society to be involved with dialogue". Then he said, "the Catholic Church has a very important role in society. For the Church, service to others is crucial: service to all as public officials".
The Episcopal Conference of Argentina has recently published, at the conclusion of the Ordinary Assembly of Bishops, a document in which violence, drugs, corruption, social exclusion (see Fides 14/05/2014 ) are discussed. Violence and citizen security has become a serious social concern, to the point that groups of citizens had taken the initiative to take justice in their own hands (see Fides 04/03/2014, 04/10/2014). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/05/2014)
- 2015-05-20 - Half a million families with serious addictions to alcohol and drugs
- 2015-05-18 - First Report on the scourge of drugs prepared by UCA
- 2015-05-08 - Missionary dimension and social problems: meeting of the clergy of Patagonia
- 2015-05-02 - First parish dedicated to Juan Diego
- 2015-04-08 - "Can one sing the Alleluia in the world we live in?"
- 2015-03-11 - 400 years of evangelization in Posadas: "we share the joy of evangelizing"
- 2015-03-04 - "God did not create borders": for 65 years a Mass for brotherhood between Chile and Argentina
- 2015-02-17 - During Lent let us assess our spirit of mission: message from Archbishop Arancedo
- 2015-02-14 - Mgr. Buenanueva:"We need good quality citizens"
- 2015-02-12 - Mgr. Lozano denounces: deaths due to child malnutrition in the country