AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Church and civil authorities together for the safety of citizens
Santa Rosa ( Agenzia Fides) - "It is always good to find other people who are at the service of the community, especially knowing that we work for the same purpose, for the same people. I am convinced that dialogue is the right path to take in order to better serve the community. This was a positive experience". This is what the Bishop of the Diocese of Santa Rosa (Argentina), His Exc. Mgr. Raúl Martín said, after yesterday's meeting with the Minister of Justice and Security, Leonardo Villalva, during which various issues were discussed, including the issue of security.
The note sent to Fides by the diocese, highlights the Bishop’s satisfaction and full availability on behalf of all the civil authorities with regards to safety, expressed by the Minister: "We want the Church to know, in the person of the Bishop, that the community can rely on the government of the province, and we want all the leaders of society to be involved with dialogue". Then he said, "the Catholic Church has a very important role in society. For the Church, service to others is crucial: service to all as public officials".
The Episcopal Conference of Argentina has recently published, at the conclusion of the Ordinary Assembly of Bishops, a document in which violence, drugs, corruption, social exclusion (see Fides 14/05/2014 ) are discussed. Violence and citizen security has become a serious social concern, to the point that groups of citizens had taken the initiative to take justice in their own hands (see Fides 04/03/2014, 04/10/2014). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/05/2014)
- 2014-12-19 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Bishops: "Working together to build a more fraternal Country"
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again
- 2014-12-11 - Drug and human trafficking: "There are people who have money stained with blood in their pocket"
- 2014-11-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Debate on the mining law, the Bishops ask respect for the environment
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum
- 2014-10-30 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Drugs: "it is urgent to move from concern to action"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops' spot: where are the children who disappeared during the State terrorism?
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes