AMERICA/ARGENTINA - After 10 years, President Kirchner takes part in the Te Deum for the national holiday
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Buenos Aires, Cardinal Mario Aurelio Poli, presided yesterday, Sunday 25 May, the celebration of the Eucharist and the Te Deum of thanksgiving in the Metropolitan Cathedral, on the occasion of the national holiday of independence. The ceremony was attended by the President of Argentina, Cristina Kirchner and the Head of government of Buenos Aires, Mauricio Macri. The note sent to Fides Agency by a local source, stresses that the last time the President attended the Te Deum was 10 years ago, because did not agree with the words of the then Archbishop of Buenos Aires, Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, who on that occasion denounced the indifference of the authorities towards the real needs of the population.
"The only way forward for the development of peoples is that of the culture of meeting. The other has always something to offer me if I get close without prejudice", said Archbishop Poli in his homily. He then added: "today we either commit ourselves to dialogue and the culture of the meeting, or we lose everything, this is the fruitful path". Cardinal Pole, asked for an open, helpful attitude, and without prejudice, which he called "social humility", and concluded by saying that "the art of dialogue ensures a healthy vitality to our blessed democracy". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 26/05/2014)
- 2015-10-06 - Mgr. Gimeno in view of the elections: "We must learn to choose before voting"
- 2015-09-24 - Over 40% of the poor in the capital is under 14 years of age
- 2015-09-23 - Argentinean missionary animators of "mission houses" in Cuba, a testimony
- 2015-09-15 - One death due to malnutrition every 10 hours, 2 out of 10 children do not have adequate food
- 2015-09-14 - The Bishops: malnutrition and poverty in the country, a "terrible reality"
- 2015-09-10 - "Cura Gaucho" on the path towards canonization, the people of Villa Cura Brochero celebrate
- 2015-09-02 - National Biblical campaign on the 50th anniversary of the "Dei Verbum"
- 2015-09-01 - "We cannot accept violence, we have to react": the Archbishop of Cordoba at the funeral of the murdered priest
- 2015-08-31 - Meeting of the PMS of Cone sur: from Ad Gentes to Evangelii Gaudium
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces