AMERICA/BRAZIL - From America to Africa: Missionary Sending at the conclusion of the First American Congress of IAM
Aparecida (Agenzia Fides) - With the celebration of the Missionary Sending in the auditorium of the Shrine of Aparecida, the First Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (IAM) of America (see Fides 15/05/2014; 23/05/2014) concluded on Sunday 25 May. The celebration was preceded by a work session in which the secretaries of the five thematic forums (children, adolescents, young people, families and schools) reported during the meeting the conclusions of the work carried out on Saturday 24. The National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Colombia and coordinator of the directors of the PMS of the continent, father Mario Álvarez Gómez, paid compliments to the organizers of the Congress for the initiative, which took place with great participation.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, the creation of an "American Confederation of IAM" with representatives of all countries to co-ordinate the work of animation was decided.
The initiative was announced by the Secretary-General of IAM, Ms. Jeane Baptistine, who came from Rome to attend the Congress. A moment of silence and prayer to remember the recent tragedy in Colombia which claimed the lives of 33 children was very touching .
At the closing of the works Father Camilo Pauletti, National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Brazil, said: "Looking at the smiling faces of the participants and to hear your comments at the conclusion of the Congress, makes one feel great joy for all the things that happened in these days".
During the celebration of the Missionary Sending at the end of the works, everyone received a scarf with the symbol colors of Africa, the continent that this year receives special attention by groups of IAM.
His Exc. Mgr. Sergio Braschi, President of the Commission for Missionary Action of the CNBB, surprised everyone by announcing the names of the first missionaries who from the South Region 2 CNBB (Paraná) will be invited on a mission in Guinea- Bissau: Elaine Machado, coordinator of IAM in the state of Paraná, and permanent deacon Pedro Avelino Langa, who will go with his wife. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 26/05/2014)
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved
- 2015-03-05 - A march for Women's Day in Brasilia:"Religions for women's rights"
- 2015-02-25 - Mobilization for political Reform and transparent elections continues
- 2015-02-18 - Fraternity Campaign 2015 starts today, theme "Brotherhood: Church and Society "
- 2015-02-16 - Ten years ago the assassination of Sr Dorothy Stang, a seed which is bearing copious fruit
- 2015-02-06 - Missionary organizations at work in 2015: Permanent formation and suburbs