VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Cardinal Fernando Filoni, will carry out a pastoral visit to Cameroon, where he will conclude the celebrations of the centenary of the evangelization of the Archdiocese of Bamend, and in Guinea equatorial.
On Tuesday, May 27 the Cardinal will meet the formators and 120 seminarians of the Major Seminary in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé. The following day, 28 May, he will travel to Bamenda where he will bless a commemorating monument of the centenary of evangelization and will meet with the Bishops. On Thursday, May 29, the Solemnity of the Ascension, Cardinal Filoni will preside at the Mass for the closing of the centenary of evangelization, during which 7 deacons and 9 presbyters will be ordained.
On May 30, the Prefect of the Congregation will be in Equatorial Guinea. In the afternoon he will visit the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, and on May 31, he will preside at the Pontifical Mass, concelebrated by all the Bishops and priests of Guinea, in the presence of the President of the Republic. In the afternoon he will meet with the Bishops and the clergy. On Sunday, June 1st a visit to the preparatory philosophical Seminary in Otélé is scheduled, where about hundred seminarians study. On June 2, Cardinal Filoni will return to Rome. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 26/05/2014)
- 2014-09-22 - Bishops, called to give "a genuine missionary impulse" to their diocesan communities
- 2014-09-13 - "Strong families are our best defense against poverty": meeting on the role of the family in the global economic crisis
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
- 2014-08-18 - Press release of the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans
- 2014-08-13 - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- 2014-08-12 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni leaves today for Iraq.
- 2014-08-11 - Pope Francis meets with Cardinal Fernando Filoni, his Envoy in Iraq
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization