VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Cardinal Fernando Filoni, will carry out a pastoral visit to Cameroon, where he will conclude the celebrations of the centenary of the evangelization of the Archdiocese of Bamend, and in Guinea equatorial.
On Tuesday, May 27 the Cardinal will meet the formators and 120 seminarians of the Major Seminary in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé. The following day, 28 May, he will travel to Bamenda where he will bless a commemorating monument of the centenary of evangelization and will meet with the Bishops. On Thursday, May 29, the Solemnity of the Ascension, Cardinal Filoni will preside at the Mass for the closing of the centenary of evangelization, during which 7 deacons and 9 presbyters will be ordained.
On May 30, the Prefect of the Congregation will be in Equatorial Guinea. In the afternoon he will visit the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, and on May 31, he will preside at the Pontifical Mass, concelebrated by all the Bishops and priests of Guinea, in the presence of the President of the Republic. In the afternoon he will meet with the Bishops and the clergy. On Sunday, June 1st a visit to the preparatory philosophical Seminary in Otélé is scheduled, where about hundred seminarians study. On June 2, Cardinal Filoni will return to Rome. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 26/05/2014)
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India
- 2015-09-14 - The first blessed in South Africa: Benedict Daswa, family man, killed for the Gospel
- 2015-09-14 - Cardinal Filoni concludes his visit to Bangladesh where he meets families and seminarians
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni meets Bishops, priests, religious and laity of Bangladesh: "We are all in a permanent state of mission"
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni to the Bishops of Bangladesh: "try to sow unity in the dioceses"
- 2015-09-11 - Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh for the XXV Anniversary of the diocese of Rajshahi: "there is much work to do"
- 2015-09-07 - Pastoral visit of Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh, India and Nepal
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide