VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Cardinal Fernando Filoni, will carry out a pastoral visit to Cameroon, where he will conclude the celebrations of the centenary of the evangelization of the Archdiocese of Bamend, and in Guinea equatorial.
On Tuesday, May 27 the Cardinal will meet the formators and 120 seminarians of the Major Seminary in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé. The following day, 28 May, he will travel to Bamenda where he will bless a commemorating monument of the centenary of evangelization and will meet with the Bishops. On Thursday, May 29, the Solemnity of the Ascension, Cardinal Filoni will preside at the Mass for the closing of the centenary of evangelization, during which 7 deacons and 9 presbyters will be ordained.
On May 30, the Prefect of the Congregation will be in Equatorial Guinea. In the afternoon he will visit the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, and on May 31, he will preside at the Pontifical Mass, concelebrated by all the Bishops and priests of Guinea, in the presence of the President of the Republic. In the afternoon he will meet with the Bishops and the clergy. On Sunday, June 1st a visit to the preparatory philosophical Seminary in Otélé is scheduled, where about hundred seminarians study. On June 2, Cardinal Filoni will return to Rome. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 26/05/2014)
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the clergy of Equatorial Guinea: "A priest is not an official of the Church, but administrator of the mysteries of God":
- 2014-05-28 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé: "take to heart the ideal of the priest that the Church needs today and will need tomorrow"
- 2014-05-26 - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
- 2014-05-21 - Pope Francis invites to pray so that "Catholics in China continue to believe, to hope and to love"
- 2014-05-08 - Cardinal Filoni at the Mater Ecclesiae College: Religious women, missionary outposts and proclamation of the Gospel