VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Cardinal Fernando Filoni, will carry out a pastoral visit to Cameroon, where he will conclude the celebrations of the centenary of the evangelization of the Archdiocese of Bamend, and in Guinea equatorial.
On Tuesday, May 27 the Cardinal will meet the formators and 120 seminarians of the Major Seminary in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé. The following day, 28 May, he will travel to Bamenda where he will bless a commemorating monument of the centenary of evangelization and will meet with the Bishops. On Thursday, May 29, the Solemnity of the Ascension, Cardinal Filoni will preside at the Mass for the closing of the centenary of evangelization, during which 7 deacons and 9 presbyters will be ordained.
On May 30, the Prefect of the Congregation will be in Equatorial Guinea. In the afternoon he will visit the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, and on May 31, he will preside at the Pontifical Mass, concelebrated by all the Bishops and priests of Guinea, in the presence of the President of the Republic. In the afternoon he will meet with the Bishops and the clergy. On Sunday, June 1st a visit to the preparatory philosophical Seminary in Otélé is scheduled, where about hundred seminarians study. On June 2, Cardinal Filoni will return to Rome. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 26/05/2014)
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"
- 2015-01-26 - Cardinal Filoni celebrates the 50th anniversary of the diocese of Xuan Loc, "may families and parishes become God’s families"
- 2015-01-23 - Cardinal Filoni at the Shrine of La Vang entrusts the work of evangelization to the Virgin
- 2015-01-22 - Solidarity of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples to the Church of Niger
- 2015-01-20 - Church of Vietnam: "path of conversion and to a strong commitment to evangelization"
- 2015-01-20 - Cardinal. Filoni in Vietnam: "a living Church," distinguished from "the steadfast Faith of the Vietnamese faithful"
- 2015-01-19 - Cardinal Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation, on a pastoral visit in Vietnam
- 2015-01-14 - Saint Joseph Vaz, an example of missionary zeal
- 2015-01-07 - Pope Francis on the Day of Missionary Childhood: "Children announcers of the Gospel"