VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Cardinal Fernando Filoni, will carry out a pastoral visit to Cameroon, where he will conclude the celebrations of the centenary of the evangelization of the Archdiocese of Bamend, and in Guinea equatorial.
On Tuesday, May 27 the Cardinal will meet the formators and 120 seminarians of the Major Seminary in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé. The following day, 28 May, he will travel to Bamenda where he will bless a commemorating monument of the centenary of evangelization and will meet with the Bishops. On Thursday, May 29, the Solemnity of the Ascension, Cardinal Filoni will preside at the Mass for the closing of the centenary of evangelization, during which 7 deacons and 9 presbyters will be ordained.
On May 30, the Prefect of the Congregation will be in Equatorial Guinea. In the afternoon he will visit the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, and on May 31, he will preside at the Pontifical Mass, concelebrated by all the Bishops and priests of Guinea, in the presence of the President of the Republic. In the afternoon he will meet with the Bishops and the clergy. On Sunday, June 1st a visit to the preparatory philosophical Seminary in Otélé is scheduled, where about hundred seminarians study. On June 2, Cardinal Filoni will return to Rome. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 26/05/2014)
- 2014-10-25 - WORLD MISSION DAY - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2014
- 2014-10-20 - Pope Paul VI, "a staunch supporter of the mission ad gentes"
- 2014-10-18 - VATICAN – Blessed Pope Paul VI: "The love for Missions is love for the Church, love for Christ!"
- 2014-10-13 - The memory of the missionaries, their examples, attract and inspire us to imitate their faith
- 2014-10-07 - First ever global campaign by the 160 Caritas national organisations: ending world hunger is their priority
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month
- 2014-09-24 - Pope's appeal to the countries of Africa affected by the ebola virus
- 2014-09-22 - Bishops, called to give "a genuine missionary impulse" to their diocesan communities
- 2014-09-13 - "Strong families are our best defense against poverty": meeting on the role of the family in the global economic crisis
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers