AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Statement of the diocese: The boys did not launch grenades at the police
Tumaco (Agenzia Fides) - The Diocese of Tumaco casts doubt on the version of the National Police, according to which on May 14, two boys (Pier Angelo Cabezas and Luis Sebastian Preciado) had launched a grenade at a group of police in the village of Chilví in Nariño (Colombia), killing themselves and injuring eight police officers (see Fides 19/05/2014 ) .
In the statement, sent to Fides Agency, the diocese cites information gathered in the community, including the boys’ teachers and parents, which "severely put into question the version given by the police", that the church authorities believed true. "They were boys known for their correct behavior, and were engaged in sports, music and theater. These and other circumstances, give rise to serious doubts that the boys are to blame ", said the statement.
The diocese also notes the victims’ mothers claim that the memory of their children will not be offended, and that is why the Office of the Attorney General has been asked to fully investigate the incident. From other sources of information, sent to Fides, it is noted that the statements of the Diocese of Tumaco coincide with those of the FARC, that through the internet informed of not using the boys to launch the explosive against the military. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/05/2014)
AMERICA/COLOMBIA – STATEMENT OF THE DIOCESE: THE BOYS DID NOT LAUNCH GRENADES AT THE POLICE
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours
- 2014-11-26 - Sexual violence on women: a forgotten medical emergency
- 2014-11-26 - Peace talks in Cuba must continue
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"
- 2014-11-20 - Archbishop Monsalve Mejia: "The general kidnapped will soon be released"
- 2014-11-19 - Every hour two children are victims of sexual abuse
- 2014-11-18 - The Church condemns the abduction of the General and urges to continue peace talks
- 2014-11-17 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Peace talks have been suspended after general abducted
- 2014-11-13 - From victims of violence to the protagonists of peace
- 2014-11-12 - At least 19 countries around the world recruit child soldiers