AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Statement of the diocese: The boys did not launch grenades at the police
Tumaco (Agenzia Fides) - The Diocese of Tumaco casts doubt on the version of the National Police, according to which on May 14, two boys (Pier Angelo Cabezas and Luis Sebastian Preciado) had launched a grenade at a group of police in the village of Chilví in Nariño (Colombia), killing themselves and injuring eight police officers (see Fides 19/05/2014 ) .
In the statement, sent to Fides Agency, the diocese cites information gathered in the community, including the boys’ teachers and parents, which "severely put into question the version given by the police", that the church authorities believed true. "They were boys known for their correct behavior, and were engaged in sports, music and theater. These and other circumstances, give rise to serious doubts that the boys are to blame ", said the statement.
The diocese also notes the victims’ mothers claim that the memory of their children will not be offended, and that is why the Office of the Attorney General has been asked to fully investigate the incident. From other sources of information, sent to Fides, it is noted that the statements of the Diocese of Tumaco coincide with those of the FARC, that through the internet informed of not using the boys to launch the explosive against the military. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/05/2014)
AMERICA/COLOMBIA – STATEMENT OF THE DIOCESE: THE BOYS DID NOT LAUNCH GRENADES AT THE POLICE
- 2015-01-26 - We need leaders who are committed and not "deaf and dumb authorities" says Mgr. Epalza
- 2014-12-22 - Even from pain comes the hope of peace, the process continues
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours
- 2014-11-26 - Sexual violence on women: a forgotten medical emergency