EUROPE/SPAIN - 'Sueños de un niño soldado': project of a school for child soldiers in North Kivu
Miguelturra (Agenzia Fides) - The region of Kivu, in the Democratic Republic of Congo, where there is the greatest number of conflicts in the world, was chosen as the location where to build a school for child soldiers, who from an early age are recruited by criminal gangs, in order to offer them the opportunity to learn and have a future of hope. The project, 'Sueños de un niño soldado', was promoted by Sonrisas y Montanas, a Spanish non-profit association which, through sports competitions conducted by a group of sportsmen, raises funds for the realization of social work. For every sport there is a registration fee that will be devoted to the implementation of the African school. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 23/05/2014)
- 2015-03-31 - UNHCR report: Almost 6000 applications for asylum in Spain in 2014
- 2015-03-25 - March 26: Day of Prayer for Peace in the fifth centenary of Saint Teresa
- 2015-03-20 - Every minute a child dies due to lack of drinking water
- 2015-03-16 - Pastor of the Shrine of Virxe do Cristal killed
- 2015-03-10 - Migration: "The Church is the critical conscience before the authorities"
- 2015-03-02 - Not always employment is the way out of social exclusion
- 2015-02-26 - Despite the crisis, the PMS in Spain has increased the support for missions by 20%
- 2015-02-13 - "The way we treat immigrants today will leave a mark in our history"
- 2015-01-09 - Bishops appeal to the government: listen to immigrants before expelling them
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Fund raising Christmas markets in aid of HIV positive and abused children in Zimbabwe