EUROPE/SPAIN - 'Sueños de un niño soldado': project of a school for child soldiers in North Kivu
Miguelturra (Agenzia Fides) - The region of Kivu, in the Democratic Republic of Congo, where there is the greatest number of conflicts in the world, was chosen as the location where to build a school for child soldiers, who from an early age are recruited by criminal gangs, in order to offer them the opportunity to learn and have a future of hope. The project, 'Sueños de un niño soldado', was promoted by Sonrisas y Montanas, a Spanish non-profit association which, through sports competitions conducted by a group of sportsmen, raises funds for the realization of social work. For every sport there is a registration fee that will be devoted to the implementation of the African school. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 23/05/2014)
- 2015-05-21 - Hunger is not inevitable: 350 thousand children in the world against child malnutrition
- 2015-05-21 - Support for an alternative model for the regional economy developed by Caritas
- 2015-05-13 - Minerals, cause of conflicts in the world: NGOs ask the EU for "a strong law"
- 2015-04-24 - Migrants: disappointment for the CIE Regulation, approved a year ago and still unrealized
- 2015-04-21 - The Bishops in assembly: Mission, emigration and social crisis
- 2015-03-31 - UNHCR report: Almost 6000 applications for asylum in Spain in 2014
- 2015-03-25 - March 26: Day of Prayer for Peace in the fifth centenary of Saint Teresa
- 2015-03-20 - Every minute a child dies due to lack of drinking water
- 2015-03-16 - Pastor of the Shrine of Virxe do Cristal killed
- 2015-03-10 - Migration: "The Church is the critical conscience before the authorities"