AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Three thousand children involved in drug trafficking: alarm of the local authorities
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - Since the beginning of 2014, 3000 children and 37 000 adults have been involved in micro drug trafficking and have been arrested. According to estimates by the Colombian National Police, the phenomenon is especially prevalent in the public gardens and in the vicinity of schools. To try to limit this plague, the authorities have appealed to families and teachers in order to dismantle the structures dedicated to criminal exploitation of children and their involvement in drug trafficking. Police have offered a reward to those who provide information that can be traced back to criminal networks that exploit children and adolescents. To recruit them criminals pay families 300 000 pesos per month. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/05/2014)
- 2015-03-04 - Meeting of Bishops Emeritus
- 2015-03-02 - Testimony of Mgr. Vidal: "Promises arrive in Cúcuta, never decisions"
- 2015-02-21 - Lent: multimedia “On the way to Easter”
- 2015-02-10 - The proposal of the FARC divides public opinion
- 2015-01-29 - Nearly 50 000 children victims of homicide because of armed conflict
- 2015-01-26 - We need leaders who are committed and not "deaf and dumb authorities" says Mgr. Epalza
- 2014-12-22 - Even from pain comes the hope of peace, the process continues
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10