AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Three thousand children involved in drug trafficking: alarm of the local authorities
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - Since the beginning of 2014, 3000 children and 37 000 adults have been involved in micro drug trafficking and have been arrested. According to estimates by the Colombian National Police, the phenomenon is especially prevalent in the public gardens and in the vicinity of schools. To try to limit this plague, the authorities have appealed to families and teachers in order to dismantle the structures dedicated to criminal exploitation of children and their involvement in drug trafficking. Police have offered a reward to those who provide information that can be traced back to criminal networks that exploit children and adolescents. To recruit them criminals pay families 300 000 pesos per month. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/05/2014)
- 2015-11-24 - Peace process: no need to hasten the signing without verifying the international law
- 2015-11-21 - The Church: need to clarify the referendum to have lasting peace
- 2015-11-19 - "There are connections between the conflicts in the Middle East and environmental issues" says a Jesuit
- 2015-11-16 - Poverty on the rise in Santa Fe and Chapinero: daily wage and lack of retirement among the causes
- 2015-11-12 - Meeting of the Pan-Amazonian Network: necessity to listen to indigenous peoples to protect creation
- 2015-10-20 - Mgr. Castro Quiroga: "The opening of dialogue with ELN is positive news"
- 2015-10-19 - "Pope Francis" food bank for needy families in Villavicencio
- 2015-10-09 - Cardinal Pimiento: "Vote-buying is a crime"
- 2015-10-02 - Become peacemakers: 400 priests offer the opportunity to receive the sacrament of reconciliation
- 2015-09-24 - Colombia towards peace through the path of reconciliation