EUROPE/SPAIN - "Ad gentes Missionary vocation", the main form of missionary cooperation
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - The "Days" of Diocesan Delegates for the Missions and the National Assembly of diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) are being held in Madrid.
With the slogan "Ad gentes missionary vocation", this formation meeting brings together, from May 19 to 21, the principal leaders of missionary animation in the Spanish dioceses, and is jointly organized by the Episcopal Commission for the Missions and Cooperation among the Churches, and by the national Directorate of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Spain.
The note sent to Fides Agency stresses that the primary objective of this event, which takes place annually, is to reflect on the Ad gentes missionary vocation as the main form of missionary cooperation among the Churches. In addition, the exchange of experience on formation and support for missionary vocations will also be carried out, with indication for the main lines of action for next year and for the World Mission Day (DOMUND). Among the interventions and conferences in program , His Exc. Mgr. Protase Rugambwa, President of the PMS, spoke yesterday on the theme: "There is no mission without missionaries. Topicality of the Mission territories". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/05/2014)
- 2015-01-09 - Bishops appeal to the government: listen to immigrants before expelling them
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Fund raising Christmas markets in aid of HIV positive and abused children in Zimbabwe
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Missionaries victims of Ebola: we remember our missionaries, what they do and for whom they work
- 2014-10-31 - Alarm tuberculosis: outdated policies will not be able to stop the peak of TB drug-resistant strains
- 2014-10-31 - Caritas Spain receives an award "for the defense of the rights of the people"
- 2014-10-23 - Every year 100,000 Christians die because of religious persecution
- 2014-10-23 - Concerned about "our" problems, while thousands of people die every day
- 2014-10-17 - While 805 million people suffer from hunger, 30% of food is wasted
- 2014-10-09 - "Now it is not possible to stop us": campaign against child mortality
- 2014-10-08 - V Centenary of St. Teresa of Jesus