EUROPE/SPAIN - "Ad gentes Missionary vocation", the main form of missionary cooperation
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - The "Days" of Diocesan Delegates for the Missions and the National Assembly of diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) are being held in Madrid.
With the slogan "Ad gentes missionary vocation", this formation meeting brings together, from May 19 to 21, the principal leaders of missionary animation in the Spanish dioceses, and is jointly organized by the Episcopal Commission for the Missions and Cooperation among the Churches, and by the national Directorate of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Spain.
The note sent to Fides Agency stresses that the primary objective of this event, which takes place annually, is to reflect on the Ad gentes missionary vocation as the main form of missionary cooperation among the Churches. In addition, the exchange of experience on formation and support for missionary vocations will also be carried out, with indication for the main lines of action for next year and for the World Mission Day (DOMUND). Among the interventions and conferences in program , His Exc. Mgr. Protase Rugambwa, President of the PMS, spoke yesterday on the theme: "There is no mission without missionaries. Topicality of the Mission territories". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/05/2014)
- 2015-11-24 - Poverty: main cause of the violation of children's rights
- 2015-11-10 - Cardinal Filoni at the Universidad San Damaso for the 50th anniversary of the "Perfectae caritatis" and "Ad Gentes" Decrees
- 2015-10-16 - The redemption of rights: day for the eradication of poverty
- 2015-10-16 - Thousands of faithful at the closing celebrations of the Teresian Jubilee
- 2015-09-23 - International Day against human trafficking
- 2015-07-23 - Trafficking of human persons, "flourishing business on the increase”
- 2015-07-17 - Priest stabbed to death on the doorstep
- 2015-07-07 - Cardinal Filoni in Burgos: "Can we say that the people of God today are missionary people?"
- 2015-05-21 - Hunger is not inevitable: 350 thousand children in the world against child malnutrition
- 2015-05-21 - Support for an alternative model for the regional economy developed by Caritas