EUROPE/SPAIN - "Ad gentes Missionary vocation", the main form of missionary cooperation
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - The "Days" of Diocesan Delegates for the Missions and the National Assembly of diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) are being held in Madrid.
With the slogan "Ad gentes missionary vocation", this formation meeting brings together, from May 19 to 21, the principal leaders of missionary animation in the Spanish dioceses, and is jointly organized by the Episcopal Commission for the Missions and Cooperation among the Churches, and by the national Directorate of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Spain.
The note sent to Fides Agency stresses that the primary objective of this event, which takes place annually, is to reflect on the Ad gentes missionary vocation as the main form of missionary cooperation among the Churches. In addition, the exchange of experience on formation and support for missionary vocations will also be carried out, with indication for the main lines of action for next year and for the World Mission Day (DOMUND). Among the interventions and conferences in program , His Exc. Mgr. Protase Rugambwa, President of the PMS, spoke yesterday on the theme: "There is no mission without missionaries. Topicality of the Mission territories". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/05/2014)
- 2015-04-24 - Migrants: disappointment for the CIE Regulation, approved a year ago and still unrealized
- 2015-04-21 - The Bishops in assembly: Mission, emigration and social crisis
- 2015-03-31 - UNHCR report: Almost 6000 applications for asylum in Spain in 2014
- 2015-03-25 - March 26: Day of Prayer for Peace in the fifth centenary of Saint Teresa
- 2015-03-20 - Every minute a child dies due to lack of drinking water
- 2015-03-16 - Pastor of the Shrine of Virxe do Cristal killed
- 2015-03-10 - Migration: "The Church is the critical conscience before the authorities"
- 2015-03-02 - Not always employment is the way out of social exclusion
- 2015-02-26 - Despite the crisis, the PMS in Spain has increased the support for missions by 20%
- 2015-02-13 - "The way we treat immigrants today will leave a mark in our history"