ASIA/JORDAN - 1,400 children to receive first communion at Pope-led mass at the Amman Stadium
Amman (Agenzia Fides) – About 1400 boys and girls from all over Jordan will receive the sacrament of communion for the first time during the Mass that Pope Francis will celbrate on Saturday, May 24 at the Amman International Stadium. This was confirmed to Fides Agency by Father Rifat Bader, director of the Catholic Center for Studies and Media and official spokesman for the papal visit. "Preparations for this rite include both the children and their parents, and started four months ago, adding that hour-long classes are held every Friday where religion teachers and nuns help the children understand and appreciate the sacrament of the Eucharist. The children will stay in their places, and bishops, clerics, priests, deacons and nuns will approach the children and give them the communion" says Fr. Bader. 50 thousand tickets for the Mass with the Pope have been distributed through the parishes of the Hashemite Kingdom. About 500 young volunteers will be working as ushers at the ceremony. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 19/05/2014)
- 2015-11-16 - Christian women spread a manual on domestic violence
- 2015-09-16 - The Jordanian proposal: let us set aside the term "minority"
- 2015-09-15 - Social media: instrument of dialogue or religious hatred?
- 2015-07-03 - The UN decreases aid to Syrian refugees. The Director of Caritas Jordan: the great powers have created the catastrophe, and now they wash their hands
- 2015-05-21 - Educational project for young Christian refugees who have fled from north Iraq
- 2015-04-29 - The first "Lourdes Grotto" in the Hashemite Kingdom
- 2015-03-02 - The parish pastoral Councils answer the questions for the Synod on the family
- 2015-02-10 - CCSM denounces offensive drawings of Lord Jesus Christ on hookahs
- 2015-02-04 - Today masses and prayers in churches for the pilot burned alive by jihadists
- 2015-02-03 - Jordanian Minister: satirical cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad have nothing to do with Christianity