AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Basic Ecclesial Communities: the new face of the Church at the service of justice and peace
El Alto (Agenzia Fides) - From July 10 to 13, the XI National Meeting of the Basic Ecclesial Communities (BEC) will be held in the Diocese of El Alto, with the slogan: "To build a new face of the Church from the BEC. For faith at the service of peace and justice". The participation of delegations of the BEC across the nation is expected. The note sent to Fides Agency by the Bolivian Episcopal Conference reports that the head of ecclesial communion in the area, Angelica Yucra Camargo, informed the participants of the methodology and program of the meeting.
The novelty of this event will be particularly evident in the first part, where an analysis will be made of the reality following the methodology of the "Casa abierta": each ecclesiastical district will have to set up a booth to present the theme it has been assigned, through photographs, videos, and various materials. Therefore the following themes will be developed: a) Ecology and Environment (Santa Cruz). b) Participation in Social Organizations and policies (not yet defined). c) History of the BECs National Meetings (Sucre). d) Prophetic Voices in Bolivia (Tarija). e) Integration of Youth in the BECs (Oruro). f) New Face of the Church (Reyes). g) Parish, a community of communities (El Alto). h) Inclusive Economy (Potosi). i) The Good Life (La Paz). j) BECs and Media - Social Networks (Cochabamba). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/05/2014)
- 2015-10-09 - Nuncio Diquattro representative of the Holy See at the World Conference on Climate Change
- 2015-09-17 - Intervention of Mgr. Scarpellini on the candidacy of Morales: "Alternation is an expression of democracy"
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis
- 2015-07-29 - Government and people commence dialogue for definitive solution
- 2015-07-24 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Parishes shelter demonstrators demanding solutions to the mining question
- 2015-07-09 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – The faithful wait "standing" for the arrival of the Pope
- 2015-07-08 - "The world needs to change": Cardinal Turkson opens the World Meeting of Social Movements
- 2015-06-26 - The Pope will conclude the World Meeting of Social Movements
- 2015-05-27 - Radio and TV to announce the Gospel in the Vicariate of Nuflo de Chavez