AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Basic Ecclesial Communities: the new face of the Church at the service of justice and peace
El Alto (Agenzia Fides) - From July 10 to 13, the XI National Meeting of the Basic Ecclesial Communities (BEC) will be held in the Diocese of El Alto, with the slogan: "To build a new face of the Church from the BEC. For faith at the service of peace and justice". The participation of delegations of the BEC across the nation is expected. The note sent to Fides Agency by the Bolivian Episcopal Conference reports that the head of ecclesial communion in the area, Angelica Yucra Camargo, informed the participants of the methodology and program of the meeting.
The novelty of this event will be particularly evident in the first part, where an analysis will be made of the reality following the methodology of the "Casa abierta": each ecclesiastical district will have to set up a booth to present the theme it has been assigned, through photographs, videos, and various materials. Therefore the following themes will be developed: a) Ecology and Environment (Santa Cruz). b) Participation in Social Organizations and policies (not yet defined). c) History of the BECs National Meetings (Sucre). d) Prophetic Voices in Bolivia (Tarija). e) Integration of Youth in the BECs (Oruro). f) New Face of the Church (Reyes). g) Parish, a community of communities (El Alto). h) Inclusive Economy (Potosi). i) The Good Life (La Paz). j) BECs and Media - Social Networks (Cochabamba). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/05/2014)
- 2014-10-24 - 50% of children who are born with Chagas' disease do not receive any medical care
- 2014-10-11 - Mission Month: schools in Sucre also go on missions
- 2014-10-02 - The priority for the Auxiliary Bishop of Reyes: "Working to be a single Christian community"
- 2014-09-04 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Catholic Bishops of Bolivia and Peru take communications course “For a culture of encounter”
- 2014-08-05 - National holiday: the Church hopes for unity and peace, in view of the forthcoming elections
- 2014-08-04 - Prevention to fight against the new phenomenon of 'micro-trafficking' of drugs
- 2014-07-10 - Insults and defamation: a campaign that has no political agenda
- 2014-06-18 - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
- 2014-06-16 - Formation on values to combat violence and bullying
- 2014-05-26 - Meeting with the candidates: an initiative of the Church for the October elections