AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Bishops call for three days of prayer for the Church-Government meeting
Managua (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops of Nicaragua invite Nicaraguans to pray for the next Church-Government meeting, which will take place on May 21, an opportunity to open a dialogue with President Daniel Ortega Saavedra (see Fides 09/05/2014). The document of the Episcopal Conference (CEN) calls on Catholics to dedicate three days of prayer for this event. The note sent to Fides also reports that the headquarters of the Apostolic Nunciature in Nicaragua will be the place of dialogue. The Bishops met on the eve of the feast of Our Lady of Fatima, May 12, at the Seminary of Managua dedicated to her, to discuss some of the topics that will be the focus of the dialogue. Archbishop Fortunatus Nwachukwu, Apostolic Nuncio was also present. May 21 will be the first dialogue between the Church-government since the current president and secretary general of the FSLN (Sandinista National Liberation Front), Daniel Ortega Saavedra was re-elected (with the 2007 elections). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/05/2014)
- 2014-09-17 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – The Bishops on Law 779: the reform is urgent, the Church is not the auxiliary of the police
- 2014-08-19 - "Assist families but without interfering in their private lives", said the Bishop of Matagalpa
- 2014-07-30 - The country awaits a word of encouragement from the Bishops
- 2014-07-22 - The Archdiocese of Managua condemns the criminal act against innocent civilians on Saturday
- 2014-06-04 - Bishops awaiting the President's reply to the questions posed
- 2014-05-22 - Dialogue between the Church and government begins: "In search of new horizons for a better Nicaragua"
- 2014-05-20 - The Church on the eve of talks with the government: problems are not solved by ignoring them
- 2014-05-14 - Bishops call for three days of prayer for the Church-Government meeting
- 2014-04-08 - Pastor killed: he was "a charismatic, sociable, cheerful priest, he inspired young people to follow Jesus Christ"
- 2014-03-26 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – The government of Ortega ready to dialogue with the Church