AMERICA/HONDURAS -Condemnation of the Church for the murder of children, violence does not stop in the country
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - "How sad to hear the news of children who are killed. Authors of these crimes are completely overwhelmed by evil", said Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Maradiaga, Archbishop of Tegucigalpa, capital of Honduras in his homily on Sunday, May 11. "A child inspires tenderness, respect, affection. It is impossible to believe we have reached this point, because one has closed the door to Christ and opened the door to evil?", asked the Cardinal.
The country is still shocked by the killing of two 13 year old boys and one 7 years of age who had refused to cooperate with members of the "Pandilla 18" (one of the gangs that rage in the Country). All this took place in the district of La Pradera in the north of Honduras, at the end of April.
According to the local press the number of children killed for the same reason is increasing. The most violent areas of the country are Colon and San Pedro Sula (always in the north). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/05/2014)
- 2014-07-23 - The Bishop of Choluteca: 5000 people are forced to put their lives at risk in mines every day
- 2014-07-02 - Campaign in schools in favor of children on the issue of responsibility
- 2014-06-23 - It is time to take action! More than 13 thousand children and young Hondurans at the U.S. Border
- 2014-06-13 - Honour of the Congress to Bishop Emiliani Sánchez for his social contribution
- 2014-05-15 - Violence against children who suffer abuse and harassment continues
- 2014-05-13 - Condemnation of the Church for the murder of children, violence does not stop in the country
- 2014-04-30 - Femicide continues to spread: nearly 4000 women were killed between 2002 and 2013
- 2014-04-16 - Appeal to clarify the murder of an employee of Radio Progreso
- 2014-03-11 - Criminal gangs train children to handle firearms
- 2014-02-10 - Recognition proposal for the intense social work carried out by the Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of San Pedro Sula