AMERICA/HONDURAS -Condemnation of the Church for the murder of children, violence does not stop in the country
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - "How sad to hear the news of children who are killed. Authors of these crimes are completely overwhelmed by evil", said Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Maradiaga, Archbishop of Tegucigalpa, capital of Honduras in his homily on Sunday, May 11. "A child inspires tenderness, respect, affection. It is impossible to believe we have reached this point, because one has closed the door to Christ and opened the door to evil?", asked the Cardinal.
The country is still shocked by the killing of two 13 year old boys and one 7 years of age who had refused to cooperate with members of the "Pandilla 18" (one of the gangs that rage in the Country). All this took place in the district of La Pradera in the north of Honduras, at the end of April.
According to the local press the number of children killed for the same reason is increasing. The most violent areas of the country are Colon and San Pedro Sula (always in the north). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/05/2014)
- 2015-10-27 - Bishop Emiliani encourages “Honduras can do it, can stand up, can react”
- 2015-10-06 - Honduran Community says goodbye to candles and "dirty" electricity
- 2015-10-02 - Honduran Missionary receives an award for human rights
- 2015-09-23 - Mgr. Emiliani denounces the "violent reactions in the face of any situation"
- 2015-09-21 - "Honduras is sick of hate", warns Cardinal Rodriguez Maradiaga
- 2015-09-09 - Children resist famine thanks to school snacks
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light