AMERICA/MEXICO - Over the past six years more than 42 thousand people have disappeared involuntarily
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - Violence in the last six years in Mexico has also increased human rights violations. An example of this phenomenon is given by the forced disappearance of 42 thousand 300 people, of whom almost 16 thousand unidentified deaths. The National Commission of Human Rights (CNDH) said that it is almost 15 000 cases more than those revealed by the Government last year. Of the missing persons, 37% are considered unidentified deaths and 726 forced and involuntary disappearance. A study prepared by the Secretariat of the Government to establish the strategies of the National Program of Human Rights in Mexico 2014-2018 reveals that a number of measures were taken, especially in the last six years, in particular regarding missing persons. The Secretariat said that in June 2013, 27 000 500 disappearences were registered between 2006 and 2012, a figure that has reached 42 thousand 300 in 2014, ie more than 14 000 800, of whom one-third considered dead. The actual figure officially recognized corresponds to almost 42 thousand 759 missing persons up to March 2012 in 82 Countries around the world. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/05/2014)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"