AMERICA/MEXICO - Over the past six years more than 42 thousand people have disappeared involuntarily
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - Violence in the last six years in Mexico has also increased human rights violations. An example of this phenomenon is given by the forced disappearance of 42 thousand 300 people, of whom almost 16 thousand unidentified deaths. The National Commission of Human Rights (CNDH) said that it is almost 15 000 cases more than those revealed by the Government last year. Of the missing persons, 37% are considered unidentified deaths and 726 forced and involuntary disappearance. A study prepared by the Secretariat of the Government to establish the strategies of the National Program of Human Rights in Mexico 2014-2018 reveals that a number of measures were taken, especially in the last six years, in particular regarding missing persons. The Secretariat said that in June 2013, 27 000 500 disappearences were registered between 2006 and 2012, a figure that has reached 42 thousand 300 in 2014, ie more than 14 000 800, of whom one-third considered dead. The actual figure officially recognized corresponds to almost 42 thousand 759 missing persons up to March 2012 in 82 Countries around the world. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/05/2014)
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration