AMERICA/MEXICO - Over the past six years more than 42 thousand people have disappeared involuntarily
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - Violence in the last six years in Mexico has also increased human rights violations. An example of this phenomenon is given by the forced disappearance of 42 thousand 300 people, of whom almost 16 thousand unidentified deaths. The National Commission of Human Rights (CNDH) said that it is almost 15 000 cases more than those revealed by the Government last year. Of the missing persons, 37% are considered unidentified deaths and 726 forced and involuntary disappearance. A study prepared by the Secretariat of the Government to establish the strategies of the National Program of Human Rights in Mexico 2014-2018 reveals that a number of measures were taken, especially in the last six years, in particular regarding missing persons. The Secretariat said that in June 2013, 27 000 500 disappearences were registered between 2006 and 2012, a figure that has reached 42 thousand 300 in 2014, ie more than 14 000 800, of whom one-third considered dead. The actual figure officially recognized corresponds to almost 42 thousand 759 missing persons up to March 2012 in 82 Countries around the world. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/05/2014)
- 2015-05-28 - The churches of Piedras Negras become centers of aid to people affected by the tornado
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"