EUROPE/SPAIN - More than half a million women die each year in developing Countries during pregnancy and childbirth tneestneestnenestndneatnjdneat
Madrid (Agenzia Fides ) - "To be born a woman means more likely to live in poverty. Seven out of 10 people who suffer from hunger are women; two-thirds of illiterates are women all over the planet; over half a million women die each year during pregnancy or childbirth; and two-thirds of girls do not go to school", recalls the Misiones Salesianas organization in a statement sent to Fides Agency. On the occasion of Mother's Day, the religious organization has launched a campaign called "Supermums", which emphasizes the crucial role of mothers in the family and in the development of the villages. The women take care of their children and the elderly, home, crops and animals, the supply of water from miles away. Misiones Salesianas is currently present in 135 countries where the missionaries engaged carry out projects in favor of children and young people with fewer opportunities. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 02/05/2014)
- 2015-03-02 - Not always employment is the way out of social exclusion
- 2015-02-26 - Despite the crisis, the PMS in Spain has increased the support for missions by 20%
- 2015-02-13 - "The way we treat immigrants today will leave a mark in our history"
- 2015-01-09 - Bishops appeal to the government: listen to immigrants before expelling them
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Fund raising Christmas markets in aid of HIV positive and abused children in Zimbabwe
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Missionaries victims of Ebola: we remember our missionaries, what they do and for whom they work
- 2014-10-31 - Alarm tuberculosis: outdated policies will not be able to stop the peak of TB drug-resistant strains
- 2014-10-31 - Caritas Spain receives an award "for the defense of the rights of the people"
- 2014-10-23 - Every year 100,000 Christians die because of religious persecution
- 2014-10-23 - Concerned about "our" problems, while thousands of people die every day