EUROPE/SPAIN - More than half a million women die each year in developing Countries during pregnancy and childbirth tneestneestnenestndneatnjdneat
Madrid (Agenzia Fides ) - "To be born a woman means more likely to live in poverty. Seven out of 10 people who suffer from hunger are women; two-thirds of illiterates are women all over the planet; over half a million women die each year during pregnancy or childbirth; and two-thirds of girls do not go to school", recalls the Misiones Salesianas organization in a statement sent to Fides Agency. On the occasion of Mother's Day, the religious organization has launched a campaign called "Supermums", which emphasizes the crucial role of mothers in the family and in the development of the villages. The women take care of their children and the elderly, home, crops and animals, the supply of water from miles away. Misiones Salesianas is currently present in 135 countries where the missionaries engaged carry out projects in favor of children and young people with fewer opportunities. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 02/05/2014)
- 2015-07-23 - Trafficking of human persons, "flourishing business on the increase”
- 2015-07-17 - Priest stabbed to death on the doorstep
- 2015-07-07 - Cardinal Filoni in Burgos: "Can we say that the people of God today are missionary people?"
- 2015-05-21 - Hunger is not inevitable: 350 thousand children in the world against child malnutrition
- 2015-05-21 - Support for an alternative model for the regional economy developed by Caritas
- 2015-05-13 - Minerals, cause of conflicts in the world: NGOs ask the EU for "a strong law"
- 2015-04-24 - Migrants: disappointment for the CIE Regulation, approved a year ago and still unrealized
- 2015-04-21 - The Bishops in assembly: Mission, emigration and social crisis
- 2015-03-31 - UNHCR report: Almost 6000 applications for asylum in Spain in 2014
- 2015-03-25 - March 26: Day of Prayer for Peace in the fifth centenary of Saint Teresa