AMERICA/BRAZIL - Assembly of the CNBB underway: Parish Church, the laity, the agrarian issue and the national situation
Sao Paulo (Agenzia Fides) - With the participation of more than 300 Bishops from all over Brazil, from April 30 to May 9, the 52nd General Assembly of the National Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB) began at the Father Vitor Coelho de Almeida Events Center in Aparecida (SP).
The note sent to Fides by the CNBB reports that the topics relate to the central theme: "Community of communities: a new parish". Cardinal Raymundo Damasceno Assis, Archbishop of Aparecida and Chairman of the CNBB, on presenting the work, said that "during the meeting, the Bishops will have to reflect on important issues such as the renewal of the parish, and therefore analyze the presence of the Christian laity in the Church and in society, then will touch an important issue such as the agrarian question, finally there is a document on the national situation to be discussed, because we are approaching the elections".
In addition to the analysis of the political, social and ecclesial situation of the country, the Bishops will also prepare themselves for the Extraordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, in which the challenges concerning the family for the new evangelization will be discussed. An important moment will be dedicated to the intervention of the President of the Indigenous Missionary Council (CIMI), who will illustrate the situation of the indigenous peoples in Brazil. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/05/2014)
- 2015-02-25 - Mobilization for political Reform and transparent elections continues
- 2015-02-18 - Fraternity Campaign 2015 starts today, theme "Brotherhood: Church and Society "
- 2015-02-16 - Ten years ago the assassination of Sr Dorothy Stang, a seed which is bearing copious fruit
- 2015-02-06 - Missionary organizations at work in 2015: Permanent formation and suburbs
- 2015-01-28 - Missionaries study "concentration and manipulation of the media"
- 2015-01-12 - Recalling the earthquake in Haiti with the testimony of Zilda Arns
- 2014-12-15 - cultural immersion before the mission
- 2014-12-02 - In Haiti, the needs are still so many, the commitment of the religious women of Brazil continues
- 2014-11-24 - There are now 500 thousand signatures which have been collected for the Democratic Political Reform
- 2014-11-20 - Support of the Church with regards to the formation of political consciousness for democratic reform