AFRICA/CONGO DR - A reception center for the Congolese expelled from Brazzaville has been created in Kinshasa
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - The authorities of the Democratic Republic of Congo have created a reception center to assist its citizens who have been expelled from the neighboring Republic of Congo. The center, located in the stadium "Cardinal Malula" in Kinshasa, has already seen more than 30,000 people expelled from Brazzaville, where for two weeks the police have been carrying out a large-scale operation to reject illegal immigrants. Among those expelled from Congo Brazzaville there are also mothers with babies. Once back in Kinshasa, the Congolese are identified (a procedure that does not seem easy because several of them claim to have lost documents) and then are sent back to their places of origin. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 28/04/2014)
- 2014-07-28 - It is necessary to vaccinate children against measles
- 2014-07-10 - Appeal of Caritas: "Help us bring home more than 2,400 people expelled from Brazzaville"
- 2014-07-07 - The army and the UN did not intervene to stop the massacre in Mutarule, HRW denounces
- 2014-07-02 - The Bishops recall "the sacred duty to protect the nation and preserve peace"
- 2014-06-26 - Emergency continues for girls accused of witchcraft
- 2014-06-25 - "Address the problem of Rwandan Hutu militias once and for all" ask the missionaries
- 2014-06-17 - The Congolese doctor who helps victims of sexual violence:"rape is a weapon of mass destruction"
- 2014-06-13 - Clashes at the border with Rwanda: Civil society calls for the intervention of the international community
- 2014-06-12 - Massacre in South Kivu: it is not land conflict but clash among local politicians
- 2014-06-09 - Appeal for the release of 900 hostages, including three Assumptionist fathers kidnapped in 2012