AFRICA/CONGO DR - A reception center for the Congolese expelled from Brazzaville has been created in Kinshasa
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - The authorities of the Democratic Republic of Congo have created a reception center to assist its citizens who have been expelled from the neighboring Republic of Congo. The center, located in the stadium "Cardinal Malula" in Kinshasa, has already seen more than 30,000 people expelled from Brazzaville, where for two weeks the police have been carrying out a large-scale operation to reject illegal immigrants. Among those expelled from Congo Brazzaville there are also mothers with babies. Once back in Kinshasa, the Congolese are identified (a procedure that does not seem easy because several of them claim to have lost documents) and then are sent back to their places of origin. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 28/04/2014)
- 2014-12-22 - North Kivu: the conclusions of the meeting of the "wise men" to end the war in the Territory of Beni
- 2014-12-17 - Meeting of the "wise men" begins today to put an end to the massacres in the territory of Beni
- 2014-12-16 - More groups commit massacres against civilians in Beni: maybe a new war?
- 2014-12-09 - AFRICA/DR CONGO – More massacres in Beni area; civil society starts dialogue
- 2014-12-05 - More than 88,000 persons displaced by guerrilla violence; no words describe the tragedy and horror
- 2014-11-26 - The massacres in Beni: carried out by a criminal network made up of guerrillas and corrupt military
- 2014-11-25 - AFRICA/DR CONGO – The Bishops: "Violence against women is a crime against humanity"
- 2014-11-24 - Another massacre in North Kivu: 200 people were killed in the area in October
- 2014-11-19 - Ebola: No new cases registered in the Country
- 2014-11-17 - Stop to minerals of war: appeal to the European Union so that it strengthen controls