AFRICA/CONGO DR - A reception center for the Congolese expelled from Brazzaville has been created in Kinshasa
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - The authorities of the Democratic Republic of Congo have created a reception center to assist its citizens who have been expelled from the neighboring Republic of Congo. The center, located in the stadium "Cardinal Malula" in Kinshasa, has already seen more than 30,000 people expelled from Brazzaville, where for two weeks the police have been carrying out a large-scale operation to reject illegal immigrants. Among those expelled from Congo Brazzaville there are also mothers with babies. Once back in Kinshasa, the Congolese are identified (a procedure that does not seem easy because several of them claim to have lost documents) and then are sent back to their places of origin. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 28/04/2014)
- 2015-11-27 - The Bishops: "Stop shedding the blood of the Congolese"
- 2015-11-19 - Open discussion on the mission in Africa 50 years after the "Ad Gentes" apostolic decree
- 2015-11-16 - The Bishops: "National dialogue must respect the Constitution"
- 2015-11-05 - Civil society: "There are foreign jihadists in our region despite what the UN says"
- 2015-11-04 - Kidnappings: new plague in North Kivu: more than 600 seizures since the beginning of the year
- 2015-10-30 - Lack of funds put the elections at risk
- 2015-10-22 - Catholic Bishops disassociate from choice of presidency candidate for Independent National Election Commission
- 2015-10-21 - Three years after the disappearance of the three Congolese Assumptionists, no word on their fate
- 2015-10-20 - Religious confessions announce the rapid appointment of the new head of the Electoral Commission
- 2015-10-12 - Concern for the resignation of the President of the Independent Electoral Commission