AFRICA/CONGO DR - A reception center for the Congolese expelled from Brazzaville has been created in Kinshasa
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - The authorities of the Democratic Republic of Congo have created a reception center to assist its citizens who have been expelled from the neighboring Republic of Congo. The center, located in the stadium "Cardinal Malula" in Kinshasa, has already seen more than 30,000 people expelled from Brazzaville, where for two weeks the police have been carrying out a large-scale operation to reject illegal immigrants. Among those expelled from Congo Brazzaville there are also mothers with babies. Once back in Kinshasa, the Congolese are identified (a procedure that does not seem easy because several of them claim to have lost documents) and then are sent back to their places of origin. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 28/04/2014)
- 2014-09-17 - "No to the revision of the Constitution, because it puts at risk the stability of the Country", say the Bishops
- 2014-09-15 - “A lively Church but the faith needs to be deepened” says President of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference
- 2014-09-12 - Civil society: "the press in Rwanda is being provocative with regards to the border lines"
- 2014-09-02 - Dismay for the death, only months apart, of the two army officers who defeated M23
- 2014-07-28 - It is necessary to vaccinate children against measles
- 2014-07-10 - Appeal of Caritas: "Help us bring home more than 2,400 people expelled from Brazzaville"
- 2014-07-07 - The army and the UN did not intervene to stop the massacre in Mutarule, HRW denounces
- 2014-07-02 - The Bishops recall "the sacred duty to protect the nation and preserve peace"
- 2014-06-26 - Emergency continues for girls accused of witchcraft
- 2014-06-25 - "Address the problem of Rwandan Hutu militias once and for all" ask the missionaries