AFRICA/CONGO DR - A reception center for the Congolese expelled from Brazzaville has been created in Kinshasa
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - The authorities of the Democratic Republic of Congo have created a reception center to assist its citizens who have been expelled from the neighboring Republic of Congo. The center, located in the stadium "Cardinal Malula" in Kinshasa, has already seen more than 30,000 people expelled from Brazzaville, where for two weeks the police have been carrying out a large-scale operation to reject illegal immigrants. Among those expelled from Congo Brazzaville there are also mothers with babies. Once back in Kinshasa, the Congolese are identified (a procedure that does not seem easy because several of them claim to have lost documents) and then are sent back to their places of origin. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 28/04/2014)
- 2015-06-30 - Bishops denounce insecurity and threats to family
- 2015-06-25 - "We respect the Constitution, no to Kabila’s third term", says civil society in South Kivu
- 2015-06-17 - "One votes on the basis of the existing electoral rolls" says the archdiocese of Kisangani
- 2015-06-12 - The UN representative offers himself as a mediator in the national dialogue
- 2015-06-09 - After the Bishops also civil society denounces the massacres committed by jihadists in Beni, "the world must intervene"
- 2015-06-05 - International ecumenical initiative launched to accompany the 2016 elections
- 2015-06-02 - The Bishops’ request to the President: "A national dialogue in accordance with the Constitution"
- 2015-05-26 - The Bishops denounce: "In eastern Congo three basic training camps for jihadists; but the UN observes without intervening"
- 2015-05-22 - Civil society denounces the ambiguous role of the army in the massacres in the territory of Beni
- 2015-05-18 - Prayers and mobilization of the population to demand an end of attacks by Ugandan rebels