Acta of the Holy See
ASIA/NEPAL - Resignation of the Apostolic Vicar of Nepal and appointment of successor
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - On April 25, 2014, the Holy Father accepted the resignation from the pastoral government of the Apostolic Vicariate of Nepal (Nepal) by His Exc. Mgr. Anthony Francis Sharma, S.I., in accordance with can. 401 § 1 of the Code of Canon Law.
The Pope appointed Rev. Paul Simick of the clergy of Darjeeling, Pastor of the Cathedral of Darjeeling as Apostolic Vicar of Nepal, assigning him the titular epeiscopal see of Maturba.
Rev. Simick Paul was born on August 7, 1963, in Gitdubling, Diocese of Darjeeling. He studied philosophy and theology at the Morning Star Regional Seminary, Barrackpore, Calcutta. He holds a Masters in English, and a Licentiate and Doctorate in Biblical Theology at the Pontifical Urbaniana University in Rome. He was ordained a priest on April 9, 1992 for the Diocese of Darjeeling.
After his ordination he has served in the following pastoral and academic roles: 1992-1993: Hostel Prefect of Namchi Public School, Sikkim; 1993-1995: Pastor of St. Maurice Parish, Suruk, Darjeeling; 1995-2000: Studies for a Licentiate and Doctorate in Biblical Theology in Rome; 2000-2006: Professor of Sacred Scripture at Morning Star College, Calcutta; 2006-2007: Pastor of Christ the King Parish, Pakyong, East Sikkim; 2007-2011: Dean of the East Sikkim Deanery and Treasurer of St. Xavier 's School, Pakyong; 2009-2011: Vice Dean of St. Xavier 's School, Pakyong; since 2011: Pastor of the Immaculate Conception Cathedral , Darjeeling. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 25/04/2014)
ACTA OF THE HOLY SEE
- 2013-01-28 - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas