ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Annual Workshop of Caritas: Communicate to evangelize
Cheongju (Agenzia Fides ) - "Caritas communication with the world" was the theme of the three-day Annual Workshop for the Staff Members of Caritas, sponsored by the CBCK Caritas Committee and Caritas Cheongju of the Diocese of Cheongju, which was held recently. The theme will also be the theme of the Sixth Convention of the Catholic Welfare to be held in October this year. According to information sent to Fides by CBCK, along with Rev. Francis Jung Sung-hwan, Secretary of the CBCK Caritas Committee, many priests and staff members of Caritas from all Korean dioceses participated to ponder upon diverse methods to communicate the activities of the Caritas to the public on the basis of the recognized necessity the Evangelization "ad extra".
The participants had time for group discussion on various fields: management of corporation; facilities; parishes; supporters and resources promotion; public relations; education; international cooperation. Subcommittee for Educational Development under the CBCK Caritas Committee and Caritas Korea International had time to introduce their activities. The Subcommittee said that it will publish the Guidelines for the Practice of Catholic Social Welfare which will be a help for the field workers in their activities. Rev. Simeon Lee Jong-keon, Executive Director of Caritas Korea International, introduced the purport, background, and action plan of the the global campaign against hunger by Caritas Internationalis. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 25/04/2014)
- 2014-08-18 - The Bishops: "The hug towards the disabled: the most significant moment of the Pope's visit"
- 2014-07-14 - The site of the Pope's trip to Korea is online
- 2014-06-27 - The Asian Bishops: "The Pope with our young people: an event of grace"
- 2014-06-12 - New commitment to enhance the ecumenical movement: social evangelization and missionary initiatives
- 2014-05-26 - South Korea invites a group of North Korean Catholics to the Pope's Mass in Seoul
- 2014-05-21 - The Cardinal of Seul visits North Korea
- 2014-04-25 - Annual Workshop of Caritas: Communicate to evangelize
- 2014-03-26 - "Small Christian Communities" instrument of evangelization
- 2014-03-14 - Church and government engaged in the Pope's visit; boom of participants at the Asian Youth Day
- 2014-03-11 - The Bishops: "Korea, rise up in splendor!", the Pope is coming