EUROPE/ITALY - Four young people at the service of the last will talk about their experience on the web
Rome (Agenzia Fides) – The selection of 4 young volunteers who wish to live and talk about an experience at the service of the last, the forgotten in India, Kenya, Mozambique and the Philippines will begin on April 30. The Italian Episcopal Conference (CEI) has in fact launched the project "In another world" to bring young people to the world of the Church in general and to the world of missions and of aid to one’s neighbour in particular.
Those selected will be able to live an experience as a volunteer working in the activities of the structure for a month that will welcome them: the House of Providence for street children in Calcutta, India; the Kivuli center for the children in the slums of Nairobi run by the Amani association in Kenya; the different structures of Doctors with Africa Cuamm in Mozambique; the Little Nazareth home for girls in Manila, Philippines. They will be witnesses of this work through the publication, on the website, of the multimedia material they will have gathered in their life experience. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 24/04/2014)
- 2014-07-16 - Twelve hours of continuous prayer for peace in the Holy Land
- 2014-07-11 - Bicycles to reach blind children in remote areas of Africa
- 2014-06-28 - A "social audio book" in defense of the Africans with albinism, the last of the last
- 2014-05-23 - EUROPE/ITALY – Beatification of Mario Vergara, PIME martyr and Isidoro Ngei Ko Lat, first Burmese Blessed
- 2014-04-24 - Four young people at the service of the last will talk about their experience on the web
- 2014-03-27 - Campaign to improve diagnosis and treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis
- 2014-03-21 - EUROPE/ITALY – 24 March, Day of Missionary Martyrs: like them, we are all "witnesses" of the Gospel
- 2014-03-07 - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
- 2014-03-05 - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"
- 2014-02-03 - Violence and injustice in the testimonies of the Roman missionaries