AMERICA/PERU - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
Satipo (Agenzia Fides) - With the support of Caritas Peru, the small pineapple producers of Satipo, in the Peruvian jungle, were able to take a step forward in the domestic and international market. We are talking about "Agroideas", a statewide initiative that promotes sustainable activities in the sale of groceries. Within the program, funding was obtained to improve the production of juice and pineapple pulp, which is currently 480 tonnes per year, with the goal of reaching 720 tons, destined for the domestic and international market.
The note sent to Fides Agency reports that for Caritas Peru the fact that small producers are included in a very competitive market with a quality product is a great success. Caritas Peru began this work in 2002 and, following the improvement of production, in 2007 it introduced other varieties of pineapple, focusing on quality. The climatic conditions of Satipo have contributed greatly to this end.
Through this program supported by Caritas, the socio-economic situation of 381 families of Satipo and Chanchamayo has greatly improved, making these small farmers become entrepreneurs and they are now able to supply their products to the capital Lima and even some countries abroad. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/04/2014)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking