ASIA/SYRIA - A missile on an Armenian Catholic school: a child killed, 61 injured
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - A child died, 61 people were injured: children, parents and teachers. This is the tragic toll of the missile which hit the Armenian Catholic school in Damascus, in the historic district of Bab Tuma, in the old town, where there are many churches and Christian schools. "This morning, around 7.30 am" says father George Bahi, a priest of the Armenian Catholic Patriarchal Exarchate of Damascus to Fides Agency "a missile fell on the crowd of children, parents and teachers who were waiting for the school to open. One child died and 61 children and adults were injured. Rescuers arrived immediately and the injured were taken to three hospitals in the area. We are all shocked by what happened". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 15/04/2014)
- 2015-11-18 - Assad: "Putin is the only defender of Christian civilization"
- 2015-11-17 - Pax Christi: need to put an end to the support to jihadist groups
- 2015-11-11 - Assyrian associations denounce the violence and abuse of Kurdish forces
- 2015-11-07 - The jihadist Islamic State release 37 other Assyrian hostages of the valley of Khabur
- 2015-10-28 - Russian delegation meets representatives of Churches and religious communities
- 2015-10-27 - Father Murad speaks of his captivity
- 2015-10-26 - ASIA/SYRIA – A shell hits Latin Church in Aleppo during the celebration of Mass. Bishop Abou Khazen: it could have been a massacre
- 2015-10-26 - violence and human rights: lessons in peace building in war zones.
- 2015-10-23 - Christians in Hassakè denounce attempts to expropriate properties of emigrants
- 2015-10-20 - Offensive in Aleppo. Archbishop Marayati: we pay the price of the 'Holy Wars' carried out by others