AFRICA/ZAMBIA - Almost 40% of infant mortality rate is due to malaria
Lusaka (Agenzia Fides) - Although the incidence of malaria has declined in Africa, the disease still kills a child every minute. 40% of infant mortality rate is registered in Zambia alone. Thanks to a campaign, called "Power of One", funds for millions of antimalarial treatments have been collected with the aim of curbing the extent of the infection. It is a global fundraising digital campaign that allows people from all over the world to contribute to the reduction of infant deaths for this pandemic that can be prevented and treated. The campaign, inaugurated in September 2013, uses social networks, mobile telephony and electronic commerce, allowing everyone to be able to buy the treatments for the children of Zambia. So far a million and a half of treatments have been collected and distributed in the African country and other 500 thousand will be distributed in coming weeks. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 08/04/2014)
- 2014-04-08 - Almost 40% of infant mortality rate is due to malaria
- 2014-03-10 - Support to give strength to the women of Chisitu
- 2014-02-21 - AFRICA/ZAMBIA – Let's fulfill the aspirations of those who fought for the independence of building a more just Country
- 2014-01-25 - Bishops: "Respect democracy"
- 2014-01-09 - After 50 years of independence a proper Constitution focused on popular sovereignty is needed
- 2013-10-02 - "Do we still have a functioning state? " Asks Caritas
- 2013-09-16 - The right to a better education, better teachers and beautiful classrooms
- 2013-08-31 - AFRICA/ZAMBIA – Death of Cardinal Mazombwe, Archbishop Emeritus of Lusaka
- 2013-08-02 - Mothers manage the first kindergarten in the Chipata area
- 2013-06-13 - "The Constitution cannot be eaten, but can ensure food on our tables"