Acta of the Holy See
AFRICA/CAMEROON - Resignation of the Bishop of Maroua - Mokolo and appointment of successor
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - On April 5, 2014 the Holy Father accepted the resignation from the pastoral governance of the Diocese of Maroua - Mokolo, Cameroon, by His Exc. Mgr. Philippe Albert Joseph Stevens, of the Small Brothers of the Gospel, in accordance with canon 401 § 1 of the Code of Canon Law. The Holy Father appointed Rev. Fr. Bruno Ateba Edo, S.A.C., Regional Superior of the Pallottini Fathers for Cameroon and Nigeria as Bishop of the Diocese of Maroua - Mokolo.
Rev. Fr. Bruno Ateba Edo, S.A.C. was born on November 20, 1964 in Zoetelé, in the diocese of Sangmélima.
He studied Philosophy at the Major Seminary of Kabgayi, in Rwanda, and Theology at the Ecole Théologique Saint Cyprien in Ngoya, Cameroon. Later he obtained a Licentiate in Pastoral Theology at the Pallottina Vallendar Theological Institute in Germany. He gave his perpetual vows on October 2, 1994. He was ordained a priest on July 8, 1995.
After his ordination, he has served in a number of pastoral and academic roles: 1995-2001: Vicar and then Pastor of Saints Peter and Paul of Mfoundi, in Yaounde; 2001-2003: Studies for the Licentiate in Germany; 2003-2009: Rector of the Pallottina Theologate and Marie -Reine-des Apôtres Basilica of Mvolyé, in Yaoundé, Cameroon; since 2008: Regional Rector of the Pallottina Society for Cameroon and Nigeria. He is currently Chairman of the Conference of Major Superiors of Cameroon. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 07/04/2014)
ACTA OF THE HOLY SEE
- 2013-01-28 - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas