AMERICA/MEXICO - All involved in finding different mechanisms to put an end to violence
Monterrey (Agenzia Fides ) - "We know God has the real power and we know that the families of the victims are moving, they are beginning to act on their own to solve the problem of violence. But we are all involved, we need to find ways of searching different mechanisms to put an end to all this barbarism". These are the words of the Bishop of the Diocese of Saltillo, His Exc. Mgr. Raúl Vera López, during the ceremony which marked the 20th anniversary of the Citizens Association in support of Human Rights (CADHAC) held in Monterrey.
The note sent to Fides from a local source reports that Mgr. Raúl Vera López, known throughout the country for his commitment to migrants, homosexuals and prostitutes, wanted to express once again his support for the families of the victims. Mgr. Vera López pointed out that civil society should ask the Mexican government to put a stop to the climate of insecurity in which the whole of Mexico lives, particularly the north.
In his diocese, the Bishop listened to the testimonies of migrants and families of the victims of insecurity: "We see creatures who are suffering, but we also see people with dignity - concluded Mgr. Vera - . In no way we have a paternalistic attitude against them, because we see in them the subjects that tomorrow will do all they can to change this situation". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/04/2014)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"