AMERICA/MEXICO - All involved in finding different mechanisms to put an end to violence
Monterrey (Agenzia Fides ) - "We know God has the real power and we know that the families of the victims are moving, they are beginning to act on their own to solve the problem of violence. But we are all involved, we need to find ways of searching different mechanisms to put an end to all this barbarism". These are the words of the Bishop of the Diocese of Saltillo, His Exc. Mgr. Raúl Vera López, during the ceremony which marked the 20th anniversary of the Citizens Association in support of Human Rights (CADHAC) held in Monterrey.
The note sent to Fides from a local source reports that Mgr. Raúl Vera López, known throughout the country for his commitment to migrants, homosexuals and prostitutes, wanted to express once again his support for the families of the victims. Mgr. Vera López pointed out that civil society should ask the Mexican government to put a stop to the climate of insecurity in which the whole of Mexico lives, particularly the north.
In his diocese, the Bishop listened to the testimonies of migrants and families of the victims of insecurity: "We see creatures who are suffering, but we also see people with dignity - concluded Mgr. Vera - . In no way we have a paternalistic attitude against them, because we see in them the subjects that tomorrow will do all they can to change this situation". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/04/2014)
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language