AMERICA/MEXICO - All involved in finding different mechanisms to put an end to violence
Monterrey (Agenzia Fides ) - "We know God has the real power and we know that the families of the victims are moving, they are beginning to act on their own to solve the problem of violence. But we are all involved, we need to find ways of searching different mechanisms to put an end to all this barbarism". These are the words of the Bishop of the Diocese of Saltillo, His Exc. Mgr. Raúl Vera López, during the ceremony which marked the 20th anniversary of the Citizens Association in support of Human Rights (CADHAC) held in Monterrey.
The note sent to Fides from a local source reports that Mgr. Raúl Vera López, known throughout the country for his commitment to migrants, homosexuals and prostitutes, wanted to express once again his support for the families of the victims. Mgr. Vera López pointed out that civil society should ask the Mexican government to put a stop to the climate of insecurity in which the whole of Mexico lives, particularly the north.
In his diocese, the Bishop listened to the testimonies of migrants and families of the victims of insecurity: "We see creatures who are suffering, but we also see people with dignity - concluded Mgr. Vera - . In no way we have a paternalistic attitude against them, because we see in them the subjects that tomorrow will do all they can to change this situation". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/04/2014)
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children
- 2015-01-26 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Central America discuss the issue regarding assistance to migrants
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem
- 2015-01-17 - "We must stop violent groups", said Bishop Gallardo
- 2015-01-16 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Guerrero appreciate the good will of the army
- 2015-01-16 - The New Testament in Tsotsil language in the pipeline
- 2015-01-14 - Corruption: a serious disease that has infected all
- 2015-01-09 - The priests of Guerrero "continue to preach the Gospel as always" despite threats and blackmail,
- 2015-01-07 - "The jungle law" does not stop theft