AFRICA/MALAWI - Montfort Media and Luntha TV: two important missionary voices
Lilongwe (Agenzia Fides) - "With nearly 70 people, Montfort Media is a simple and complex reality, capable of producing newspapers and magazines as well as books on catechism for the benefit of those parishes that need them" says to Fides Agency Fr. Piergiorgio Gamba, a Monfort missionary.
The typography of Montfort Media is also appreciated by non-Catholic publishing houses. The typography, as well as printing publications in various languages of Malawi, prints in Portuguese for Mozambique and in Shona for Zimbabwe.
Montfort Media publishes Mkwaso, a newspaper in Chichewa language with 2300 copies sold mainly in rural areas of the Country, Together Youth Magazine that prints 5,000 copies and is able to reach all secondary schools and universities of Malawi, and The Lamp, a monthly magazine, which has 3000 readers.
Luntha TV is the latest of the medial structures promoted by the Montfort in Malawi. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides03/04/2014)
- 2015-08-27 - Pope Francis in his encyclical: "We are victims of climate change", says the Archbishop of Blantyre
- 2015-08-18 - A country adrift where frustration among the people rises out of all control
- 2015-07-14 - "We will continue to be poor without a moral transformation", says the Archbishop of Blantyre
- 2015-06-19 - The government spends $ 145 million for a military contract while 400 are needed for flood victims
- 2015-05-29 - A "scary" financial law that aggravates the already difficult conditions of the population
- 2015-05-22 - "Justice and Peace": "The state budget has to give priority to flood victims"
- 2015-05-22 - The Sun Village: center of assistance and support for children in need
- 2015-04-22 - Malawians fleeing xenophobic violence in South Africa: "We were chased like dogs"
- 2015-04-01 - The hope of Easter in the poorest Country in the world
- 2015-03-17 - The Church assists 230,000 flood victims