AFRICA/MALAWI - Montfort Media and Luntha TV: two important missionary voices
Lilongwe (Agenzia Fides) - "With nearly 70 people, Montfort Media is a simple and complex reality, capable of producing newspapers and magazines as well as books on catechism for the benefit of those parishes that need them" says to Fides Agency Fr. Piergiorgio Gamba, a Monfort missionary.
The typography of Montfort Media is also appreciated by non-Catholic publishing houses. The typography, as well as printing publications in various languages of Malawi, prints in Portuguese for Mozambique and in Shona for Zimbabwe.
Montfort Media publishes Mkwaso, a newspaper in Chichewa language with 2300 copies sold mainly in rural areas of the Country, Together Youth Magazine that prints 5,000 copies and is able to reach all secondary schools and universities of Malawi, and The Lamp, a monthly magazine, which has 3000 readers.
Luntha TV is the latest of the medial structures promoted by the Montfort in Malawi. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides03/04/2014)
- 2014-08-04 - The Bishops of Eastern Africa: "The threat to the family in our region is now more real than ever"
- 2014-07-16 - More than 250 Bishops from East Africa at the Assembly on new evangelization
- 2014-06-27 - Politics restarts a month after the election; "Transition towards normality is not easy", says a missionary
- 2014-05-31 - Malawi has a new President
- 2014-05-26 - Elections contested: the only thing certain are the irregularities and suspicions of fraud
- 2014-05-22 - Disorganization disturbs the conduct of the elections
- 2014-05-20 - "The most uncertain elections in the last 20 years, but democracy is a fact accepted by all", says a missionary
- 2014-04-03 - Montfort Media and Luntha TV: two important missionary voices
- 2014-02-06 - Valentine's Day: occasion to raise funds for the 18th Plenary Assembly of AMECEA
- 2013-11-23 - Corruption Scandal: "Speedy prosecutions to regain the trust of donors" asks the Church