AMERICA/BRAZIL - "For a future in freedom and democracy": Bishops' message after 50 years since the military coup
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops' Council for Pastoral Care (CONSEP) approved yesterday, April 1, a statement on the 50th anniversary of the civil-military coup, entitled "For a future in freedom and democracy". The text sent to Fides Agency, is signed by the President of the National Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB), and calls the "post-dictatorship generations to remain active in the defense of the democratic State of law". The Bishops recall the "21 years that made Brazil a country of sorrow and tears" and also reiterated "the Church's commitment to the defense of participatory democracy and social justice for all". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/04/2014)
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"
- 2014-09-02 - Bishops’ Conference promotes television debate between candidates for Presidency
- 2014-08-22 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"
- 2014-06-30 - Exploitation of children: from the World Cup to the Winter Olympics 2016
- 2014-06-24 - "Mission to relieve" the missionary campaign against human trafficking in persons