AMERICA/BRAZIL - "For a future in freedom and democracy": Bishops' message after 50 years since the military coup
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops' Council for Pastoral Care (CONSEP) approved yesterday, April 1, a statement on the 50th anniversary of the civil-military coup, entitled "For a future in freedom and democracy". The text sent to Fides Agency, is signed by the President of the National Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB), and calls the "post-dictatorship generations to remain active in the defense of the democratic State of law". The Bishops recall the "21 years that made Brazil a country of sorrow and tears" and also reiterated "the Church's commitment to the defense of participatory democracy and social justice for all". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/04/2014)
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved
- 2015-03-05 - A march for Women's Day in Brasilia:"Religions for women's rights"
- 2015-02-25 - Mobilization for political Reform and transparent elections continues
- 2015-02-18 - Fraternity Campaign 2015 starts today, theme "Brotherhood: Church and Society "
- 2015-02-16 - Ten years ago the assassination of Sr Dorothy Stang, a seed which is bearing copious fruit
- 2015-02-06 - Missionary organizations at work in 2015: Permanent formation and suburbs