AMERICA/BRAZIL - "For a future in freedom and democracy": Bishops' message after 50 years since the military coup
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops' Council for Pastoral Care (CONSEP) approved yesterday, April 1, a statement on the 50th anniversary of the civil-military coup, entitled "For a future in freedom and democracy". The text sent to Fides Agency, is signed by the President of the National Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB), and calls the "post-dictatorship generations to remain active in the defense of the democratic State of law". The Bishops recall the "21 years that made Brazil a country of sorrow and tears" and also reiterated "the Church's commitment to the defense of participatory democracy and social justice for all". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/04/2014)
- 2015-03-05 - A march for Women's Day in Brasilia:"Religions for women's rights"
- 2015-02-25 - Mobilization for political Reform and transparent elections continues
- 2015-02-18 - Fraternity Campaign 2015 starts today, theme "Brotherhood: Church and Society "
- 2015-02-16 - Ten years ago the assassination of Sr Dorothy Stang, a seed which is bearing copious fruit
- 2015-02-06 - Missionary organizations at work in 2015: Permanent formation and suburbs
- 2015-01-28 - Missionaries study "concentration and manipulation of the media"
- 2015-01-12 - Recalling the earthquake in Haiti with the testimony of Zilda Arns
- 2014-12-15 - cultural immersion before the mission
- 2014-12-02 - In Haiti, the needs are still so many, the commitment of the religious women of Brazil continues
- 2014-11-24 - There are now 500 thousand signatures which have been collected for the Democratic Political Reform