AMERICA/BRAZIL - "For a future in freedom and democracy": Bishops' message after 50 years since the military coup
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops' Council for Pastoral Care (CONSEP) approved yesterday, April 1, a statement on the 50th anniversary of the civil-military coup, entitled "For a future in freedom and democracy". The text sent to Fides Agency, is signed by the President of the National Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB), and calls the "post-dictatorship generations to remain active in the defense of the democratic State of law". The Bishops recall the "21 years that made Brazil a country of sorrow and tears" and also reiterated "the Church's commitment to the defense of participatory democracy and social justice for all". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/04/2014)
- 2015-05-27 - Bishops’ refelection: "Thinking Brazil", social inequalities in Brazil
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved