ASIA/PAKISTAN - Today fasting and prayer for Asia Bibi and for Sawan Masih
Lahore (Agenzia Fides) - Christians are united in Lahore today, March 28, in a day of fasting and prayer for Asia Bibi and for Sawan Masih, both Christians and unjustly condemned to death on charges of blasphemy. An intense prayer meeting was organized by the Catholic community at the Santa Maria Minor Seminary, in Lahore. It was attended by priests, religious, seminarians and lay faithful. "Although we are the most vulnerable citizens of Pakistan, we pray for justice and human rights for all minorities, as guaranteed by the founder of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah", said Fr. Inayat Bernard to those present.
During the Day, prayers, invocations and hymns were carried out as well as Bible passages alternated with direct testimony, such as that of pastor of the "Joseph Colony", the Christian area attacked a year ago by Islamic extremists. A catechist present, Pervez Paulus, remarked that the faithful in the area are still waiting for justice and are "saddened". All expressed confidence in the Lahore High Court, so that justice is done. Christians believe that, in order to avoid abuse of the blasphemy law, a rule could be introduced on the basis of which if false accusations are proven, the same penalty is imposed on the accused. (IB -PA) (Agenzia Fides 28/03/2014)
- 2015-04-22 - The state of human rights in the country worsens
- 2015-04-17 - Shots fired against a Catholic school in Lahore, three injured
- 2015-04-16 - The lawyers: "Justice after the death of Nauman Masih, killed because a Christian"
- 2015-04-15 - The Christian boy burnt alive by young Muslims has died
- 2015-04-14 - Religious leaders and politicians united for peace, against terrorism
- 2015-04-13 - A boy, burnt alive because a Christian, is in serious condition
- 2015-04-09 - School programs in the name of religious tolerance in Sindh
- 2015-04-08 - The Archbishop of Lahore: "Like the martyrs in Youhanabad, have faith in God"
- 2015-04-01 - 28 Christians are indicted for the lynching of Lahore
- 2015-03-30 - 20 victims of the attacks on the churches in Youhanabad