AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - The Indigenous Pastoral, the coordination of social pastoral in the dioceses, the relaunch of the Permanent Mission and a first agenda on CAM 2018, are the points that the Bishops of Bolivia will discuss during the XCVII Plenary Assembly of the Bishops' Conference (CEB) which begins today, March 27 and will continue until early April in Cochabamba. The note sent to Fides is by His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini, Bishop of the Diocese of El Alto and Secretary General of the CEB.
The opening of the Assembly will be inaugurated by His Exc. Mgr. Oscar Omar Aparicio Céspedes, Military Bishop and President of CEB, and by His Exc. Mgr. Giambattista Diquattro, Apostolic Nuncio. Among the important moments of this meeting: the Mass which will be held on Sunday, March 30 in the church of San Pedro, which will be concelebrated by the Bishops of Bolivia and during which there will be a relaunch of the Permanent Mission in all the dioceses of the country.
The document containing the pastoral guidelines for the period 2014-2018 will also be presented. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 27/03/2014)
- 2014-08-05 - National holiday: the Church hopes for unity and peace, in view of the forthcoming elections
- 2014-08-04 - Prevention to fight against the new phenomenon of 'micro-trafficking' of drugs
- 2014-07-10 - Insults and defamation: a campaign that has no political agenda
- 2014-06-18 - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
- 2014-06-16 - Formation on values to combat violence and bullying
- 2014-05-26 - Meeting with the candidates: an initiative of the Church for the October elections
- 2014-05-16 - Basic Ecclesial Communities: the new face of the Church at the service of justice and peace
- 2014-04-28 - Children sold for sexual and labor exploitation and for the sale of organs
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"