AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - The Indigenous Pastoral, the coordination of social pastoral in the dioceses, the relaunch of the Permanent Mission and a first agenda on CAM 2018, are the points that the Bishops of Bolivia will discuss during the XCVII Plenary Assembly of the Bishops' Conference (CEB) which begins today, March 27 and will continue until early April in Cochabamba. The note sent to Fides is by His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini, Bishop of the Diocese of El Alto and Secretary General of the CEB.
The opening of the Assembly will be inaugurated by His Exc. Mgr. Oscar Omar Aparicio Céspedes, Military Bishop and President of CEB, and by His Exc. Mgr. Giambattista Diquattro, Apostolic Nuncio. Among the important moments of this meeting: the Mass which will be held on Sunday, March 30 in the church of San Pedro, which will be concelebrated by the Bishops of Bolivia and during which there will be a relaunch of the Permanent Mission in all the dioceses of the country.
The document containing the pastoral guidelines for the period 2014-2018 will also be presented. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 27/03/2014)
- 2015-02-24 - Campaign to help children in Tipnis suffering from malnutrition and poverty
- 2015-02-19 - On the way to Fifth American Mission Congress (CAM 5-COMLA 10)
- 2015-01-23 - The phenomenon of children abandoned in the streets and violence increases
- 2015-01-05 - "Open your eyes and ears": warning of the church for the election campaign
- 2014-11-18 - Towards CAM 5: Bolivia presents a preliminary work plan
- 2014-11-17 - A project to spread Afro culture among children of Yungas communities
- 2014-11-12 - The Eucharist is necessary for fraternal communion and mission
- 2014-11-11 - The law on education must be applied without discrimination
- 2014-11-07 - Education, communication and drug trafficking: the Bishops prepare three pastoral Letters
- 2014-10-29 - Solidarity and concrete evangelization: meeting of diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies