ASIA/CHINA - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
Xi An (Agenzia Fides) - Following Jesus on the Way of the Cross on the example of Mary: this is how the faithful of the Archdiocese of Xi An, in Shaan Xi Province, wanted to celebrate the solemnity of the Annunciation of Mary, on March 25, with a pilgrimage to the Marian shrine dedicated to Our Lady of China, in Hu Xian.
According to information gathered by Fides Agency, about 150 faithful left at 7 in the morning, after Mass and headed towards the Sanctuary. During the trip they recited the rosary. After travelling 4 hours they arrived at the foot of the mountain on which the sanctuary stands.
Following the path of the Via Crucis, which is located along the path that leads to the top of the hill, the faithful meditated on Mary’s attitude that accompanies the passion of her Son, and Jesus' sacrifice. They therefore celebrated Mass at the Shrine, which was followed by the adoration during which they called for the special protection of Our Lady of China in Hu Xian. On the way back home, the pilgrims stopped to visit the construction site of the house of the elderly, currently under construction, offering their prayers and material support. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 27/03/2014)
- 2015-05-13 - An exhibition of historical objects commemorates the pioneers of the mission in the Year of Consecrated Life
- 2015-05-06 - In the month of Mary: pilgrimage to enrich faith, respecting environment, recalling the commitment missionary
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas