ASIA/CHINA - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
Xi An (Agenzia Fides) - Following Jesus on the Way of the Cross on the example of Mary: this is how the faithful of the Archdiocese of Xi An, in Shaan Xi Province, wanted to celebrate the solemnity of the Annunciation of Mary, on March 25, with a pilgrimage to the Marian shrine dedicated to Our Lady of China, in Hu Xian.
According to information gathered by Fides Agency, about 150 faithful left at 7 in the morning, after Mass and headed towards the Sanctuary. During the trip they recited the rosary. After travelling 4 hours they arrived at the foot of the mountain on which the sanctuary stands.
Following the path of the Via Crucis, which is located along the path that leads to the top of the hill, the faithful meditated on Mary’s attitude that accompanies the passion of her Son, and Jesus' sacrifice. They therefore celebrated Mass at the Shrine, which was followed by the adoration during which they called for the special protection of Our Lady of China in Hu Xian. On the way back home, the pilgrims stopped to visit the construction site of the house of the elderly, currently under construction, offering their prayers and material support. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 27/03/2014)
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent