ASIA/CHINA - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
Xi An (Agenzia Fides) - Following Jesus on the Way of the Cross on the example of Mary: this is how the faithful of the Archdiocese of Xi An, in Shaan Xi Province, wanted to celebrate the solemnity of the Annunciation of Mary, on March 25, with a pilgrimage to the Marian shrine dedicated to Our Lady of China, in Hu Xian.
According to information gathered by Fides Agency, about 150 faithful left at 7 in the morning, after Mass and headed towards the Sanctuary. During the trip they recited the rosary. After travelling 4 hours they arrived at the foot of the mountain on which the sanctuary stands.
Following the path of the Via Crucis, which is located along the path that leads to the top of the hill, the faithful meditated on Mary’s attitude that accompanies the passion of her Son, and Jesus' sacrifice. They therefore celebrated Mass at the Shrine, which was followed by the adoration during which they called for the special protection of Our Lady of China in Hu Xian. On the way back home, the pilgrims stopped to visit the construction site of the house of the elderly, currently under construction, offering their prayers and material support. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 27/03/2014)
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future
- 2014-11-27 - A group of doctors provide free health service in the diocese of Hai Men
- 2014-11-05 - After years of waiting, the small community of Lai Gang has its own chapel
- 2014-10-29 - Christians and make Catholics aware of their missionary responsibility
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth
- 2014-10-08 - Msg. Giovanni Battista Wang Jin’s particular commitment to priestly vocations
- 2014-09-26 - A hundred days dedicated to the formation of young people in the diocese of Xian Xian
- 2014-09-25 - Born into a family of martyrs, Fr. Bonaventura De Li Chong has died, a witness of the Gospel and the life of charity