AMERICA/BRAZIL - The Brazilian Church accompanies the World Cup inviting to combat trafficking
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The National Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB), through its Commission for the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility, has published a message titled "Play for Life" in view of the World Cup, in which it stated that the Church of Brazil "accompanies this event with loving, maternal and supportive presence which will bring together a number of countries, and the possibility of proposing universal reconciliation".
Because of the World Cup, which begins next June in several Brazilian cities, the Bishops invite to join the project "Peace Cup" and the campaign "Play for Life" and "to denounce human trafficking".
In the message, sent to Fides by the CNBB, the Bishops point out that the sporting event will allow society to reflect on peaceful relations and culture among all peoples, such as the social and economic aspects involved in the sport, insisting that money and success should not prevail as the ultimate goal.
The Fraternity Campaign, 2014, which is being held for Lent, as well as to inform and prevent the phenomenon of trafficking (see Fides 20/11/2013), calls for direct participation, as it "is an invitation to the entire Brazilian society, to become aware of an issue of social importance - as stated by His Exc. Mgr. Jaime Spengler, Archbishop of Porto Alegre in the note sent to Fides -. "We have to deal with the scourge of human trafficking, which causes pain, suffering, shame and death to so many brothers and sisters" (CE) (Agenzia Fides 26/03/2014)
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Franciscan Sister murdered
- 2015-07-23 - Mission Campaign 2015: material ready
- 2015-07-21 - The water crisis threatens millions of people
- 2015-07-20 - A video documents the first missionary experience of young people in the Amazon
- 2015-07-01 - The indifference of the state in the face of a situation of injustice denounced by the Bishop of Dourados
- 2015-06-25 - More than 20,000 people every week prepare themselves for the feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- 2015-06-23 - Report of CIMI: suicide and infant mortality are decimating the indigenous population
- 2015-06-16 - On the border between Peru and Bolivia, crossroads of migrants
- 2015-06-16 - "No to prejudice, yes to rights and participation": week of Migrants
- 2015-06-10 - From Haiti to Brazil in the hands of human traffickers, with the hope of a better future