ASIA/PHILIPPINES – Award to the Islamic movement for dialogue "Silsilah" in Southern Philippines
Zamboanga City (Agenzia Fides) - The movement for Islamic-Christian dialogue "Silsilah" which began in the southern Philippines by PIME missionary Fr. Sebastiano D'Ambra, won the first prize of "World Interfaith Harmony Week 2014", which will be delivered by King Abdullah II of Jordan. The award is given by the "Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre", a prestigious institute of Islamic studies, which with the prize aims to report and encourage the initiatives of interfaith dialogue in the world. As reported in a note sent to Fides by "Silsilah", "events or texts that have had the greatest impact and success in promoting interfaith harmony and religious understanding" are to be awarded.
The Silsilah movement guides the initiative to promote and to realize "Interfaith Harmony Week" in the southern Philippines, sponsored by the UN in the first week of February. The intent is to develop dialogue among different faiths and religions as a way to build peace in the world. "Silsilah" encourages the spread of interfaith harmony in churches, mosques and other places of worship, spreading a culture based on the love of God and one’s neighbor, according to their own traditions and religious beliefs. The award will be presented at a ceremony in Amman, in the month of April. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 21/03/2014)
ASIA/PHILIPPINES – AWARD TO THE ISLAMIC MOVEMENT FOR DIALOGUE "SILSILAH" IN SOUTHERN PHILIPPINES
- 2015-03-28 - Humanitarian crisis in Mindanao; a law has been submitted in the Philippine congress on the Muslim region
- 2015-02-26 - Military offensive in Mindanao; the Bishop in Basilan: "For peace, sincerity is needed"
- 2015-02-24 - Bishops issue “Oratio imperata” for peace in Mindanao
- 2015-02-20 - ASIA/PHILIPPINES – In the Year of the Poor, Lent is a favourable time for solidarity
- 2015-02-19 - Missionary says: “someone wants to destabilise Mindanao”
- 2015-02-18 - ASIA/PHILIPPINES – Christian and Muslim religious leaders: “the peace process must not be abandoned”
- 2015-02-09 - No to "total war" in Mindanao, unity against "the ideology of violence"
- 2015-02-05 - Interfaith harmony, a journey towards peace in the world
- 2015-02-03 - Pope's letter to the Archbishop of Palo: "I will never forget Tacloban"
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishops: No to violence in Mindanao, support for the peace process