ASIA/PHILIPPINES – Award to the Islamic movement for dialogue "Silsilah" in Southern Philippines
Zamboanga City (Agenzia Fides) - The movement for Islamic-Christian dialogue "Silsilah" which began in the southern Philippines by PIME missionary Fr. Sebastiano D'Ambra, won the first prize of "World Interfaith Harmony Week 2014", which will be delivered by King Abdullah II of Jordan. The award is given by the "Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre", a prestigious institute of Islamic studies, which with the prize aims to report and encourage the initiatives of interfaith dialogue in the world. As reported in a note sent to Fides by "Silsilah", "events or texts that have had the greatest impact and success in promoting interfaith harmony and religious understanding" are to be awarded.
The Silsilah movement guides the initiative to promote and to realize "Interfaith Harmony Week" in the southern Philippines, sponsored by the UN in the first week of February. The intent is to develop dialogue among different faiths and religions as a way to build peace in the world. "Silsilah" encourages the spread of interfaith harmony in churches, mosques and other places of worship, spreading a culture based on the love of God and one’s neighbor, according to their own traditions and religious beliefs. The award will be presented at a ceremony in Amman, in the month of April. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 21/03/2014)
- 2014-07-21 - The missionaries for the development of indigenous peoples in Mindanao
- 2014-07-07 - For the poor and against injustice: the testimony of Father Romano, who was kidnapped 29 years ago, is always present
- 2014-07-02 - The Bishops: No to the restoration of the death penalty
- 2014-06-05 - "Peace is living together": international conference for reconciliation in Mindanao
- 2014-04-28 - Protecting the rights and education of poor rural people
- 2014-04-08 - The Bishops: "We respect the Supreme Court, we defend life with the right to conscientious objection"
- 2014-04-08 - The Supreme Court: Reproductive Health law is valid, but yes to conscientious objection
- 2014-03-28 - The missionaries: "May the agreement with the rebels of the South bring peace, justice and development"
- 2014-03-25 - Over 7.7 million dollars for aid to victims of the typhoon: The Church guarantees transparency
- 2014-03-21 - ASIA/PHILIPPINES – Award to the Islamic movement for dialogue "Silsilah" in Southern Philippines