ASIA/PHILIPPINES – Award to the Islamic movement for dialogue "Silsilah" in Southern Philippines
Zamboanga City (Agenzia Fides) - The movement for Islamic-Christian dialogue "Silsilah" which began in the southern Philippines by PIME missionary Fr. Sebastiano D'Ambra, won the first prize of "World Interfaith Harmony Week 2014", which will be delivered by King Abdullah II of Jordan. The award is given by the "Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre", a prestigious institute of Islamic studies, which with the prize aims to report and encourage the initiatives of interfaith dialogue in the world. As reported in a note sent to Fides by "Silsilah", "events or texts that have had the greatest impact and success in promoting interfaith harmony and religious understanding" are to be awarded.
The Silsilah movement guides the initiative to promote and to realize "Interfaith Harmony Week" in the southern Philippines, sponsored by the UN in the first week of February. The intent is to develop dialogue among different faiths and religions as a way to build peace in the world. "Silsilah" encourages the spread of interfaith harmony in churches, mosques and other places of worship, spreading a culture based on the love of God and one’s neighbor, according to their own traditions and religious beliefs. The award will be presented at a ceremony in Amman, in the month of April. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 21/03/2014)
ASIA/PHILIPPINES – AWARD TO THE ISLAMIC MOVEMENT FOR DIALOGUE "SILSILAH" IN SOUTHERN PHILIPPINES
- 2015-06-25 - "Laudati Sì" a source of inspiration for dialogue and for the care of creation
- 2015-06-22 - Cardinal Quevedo: "The disarmament of Islamic guerrillas is an important step for peace"
- 2015-06-02 - Message from the "Silsilah" movement: a Ramadan of peace in Mindanao
- 2015-05-26 - Bishops: "Laity and parishes have to act in order to combat modern slavery"
- 2015-05-19 - "Ready to welcome the Rohingya migrants": State and Church agree
- 2015-05-18 - Building peace remembering martyr Claretian Rhoel Gallardo
- 2015-05-13 - Education and aid to the poor at the Luigi Caburlotto school
- 2015-05-13 - The construction of a new shelter for the poor has begun
- 2015-05-08 - The Village of Harmony has been giving an example of "life-in-dialogue" in southern Philippines for 25 years
- 2015-04-24 - Islamic and Christian religious leaders: "Necessity to review the Bangasamoro Basic Law"