ASIA/PHILIPPINES – Award to the Islamic movement for dialogue "Silsilah" in Southern Philippines
Zamboanga City (Agenzia Fides) - The movement for Islamic-Christian dialogue "Silsilah" which began in the southern Philippines by PIME missionary Fr. Sebastiano D'Ambra, won the first prize of "World Interfaith Harmony Week 2014", which will be delivered by King Abdullah II of Jordan. The award is given by the "Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre", a prestigious institute of Islamic studies, which with the prize aims to report and encourage the initiatives of interfaith dialogue in the world. As reported in a note sent to Fides by "Silsilah", "events or texts that have had the greatest impact and success in promoting interfaith harmony and religious understanding" are to be awarded.
The Silsilah movement guides the initiative to promote and to realize "Interfaith Harmony Week" in the southern Philippines, sponsored by the UN in the first week of February. The intent is to develop dialogue among different faiths and religions as a way to build peace in the world. "Silsilah" encourages the spread of interfaith harmony in churches, mosques and other places of worship, spreading a culture based on the love of God and one’s neighbor, according to their own traditions and religious beliefs. The award will be presented at a ceremony in Amman, in the month of April. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 21/03/2014)
ASIA/PHILIPPINES – AWARD TO THE ISLAMIC MOVEMENT FOR DIALOGUE "SILSILAH" IN SOUTHERN PHILIPPINES
- 2014-12-10 - "Yolanda" survivors now helping "Hagupit" victims
- 2014-12-01 - Compassion but also "no" to corruption: the Church celebrates the Year of the poor
- 2014-11-29 - The Silsilah movement: Advent of solidarity and friendship with Muslims
- 2014-11-27 - Justice for the massacre in Maguindanao: the relatives of the victims write to the Pope
- 2014-11-21 - 30 years since its foundation, the commitment of "Silsilah" movement for dialogue reinforces
- 2014-11-15 - Cardinal Tagle: "The Pope's visit, a blessing that invokes responsibility"
- 2014-11-11 - ASIA/PHILIPPINES – To cancel foreign debt in order to contribute to the reconstruction after Typhoon Haiyan
- 2014-10-30 - The Silsilah dialogue movement: "Fight soldiers with prayer"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops: "Even a life sentence is inhuman"
- 2014-10-17 - The murder of the missionary Fr. Fausto Tentorio remains unsolved