ASIA/CHINA - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - The presence of priests and religious in villages or in the remotest basic ecclesial communities, especially in inaccessible areas, Community Eucharistic adoration in parishes, charitable works in favor of the people most in need, without making distinctions between Christians and non-Christians, are some of the initiatives that the Catholic community in mainland China is pursuing in this Lenten season, in communion with the universal Church.
As reported to Fides Agency by Faith of He Bei, in the community of Bao Tou, Inner Mongolia, a formation course on spiritual direction was organized for priests and religious women who, as soon as Lent began, left to reach small villages scattered over mountainous areas, so the faithful have the opportunity to receive the sacraments and to follow some catechism meetings in order to prepare themselves for Easter. During their stay in a basic ecclesial community, a group of nuns shared moments of prayer and works of charity with the faithful, visiting the elderly and the poor, Christians and non-Christians. And the faithful who remained in the parish did the same thing under the pastor’s guide.
To meet the needs of workers, the parish of the Cathedral of the diocese of Xi An has programmed a number of initiatives during Lent. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 18/03/2014)
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent