ASIA/CHINA - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - The presence of priests and religious in villages or in the remotest basic ecclesial communities, especially in inaccessible areas, Community Eucharistic adoration in parishes, charitable works in favor of the people most in need, without making distinctions between Christians and non-Christians, are some of the initiatives that the Catholic community in mainland China is pursuing in this Lenten season, in communion with the universal Church.
As reported to Fides Agency by Faith of He Bei, in the community of Bao Tou, Inner Mongolia, a formation course on spiritual direction was organized for priests and religious women who, as soon as Lent began, left to reach small villages scattered over mountainous areas, so the faithful have the opportunity to receive the sacraments and to follow some catechism meetings in order to prepare themselves for Easter. During their stay in a basic ecclesial community, a group of nuns shared moments of prayer and works of charity with the faithful, visiting the elderly and the poor, Christians and non-Christians. And the faithful who remained in the parish did the same thing under the pastor’s guide.
To meet the needs of workers, the parish of the Cathedral of the diocese of Xi An has programmed a number of initiatives during Lent. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 18/03/2014)
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future
- 2014-11-27 - A group of doctors provide free health service in the diocese of Hai Men