ASIA/CHINA - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - The presence of priests and religious in villages or in the remotest basic ecclesial communities, especially in inaccessible areas, Community Eucharistic adoration in parishes, charitable works in favor of the people most in need, without making distinctions between Christians and non-Christians, are some of the initiatives that the Catholic community in mainland China is pursuing in this Lenten season, in communion with the universal Church.
As reported to Fides Agency by Faith of He Bei, in the community of Bao Tou, Inner Mongolia, a formation course on spiritual direction was organized for priests and religious women who, as soon as Lent began, left to reach small villages scattered over mountainous areas, so the faithful have the opportunity to receive the sacraments and to follow some catechism meetings in order to prepare themselves for Easter. During their stay in a basic ecclesial community, a group of nuns shared moments of prayer and works of charity with the faithful, visiting the elderly and the poor, Christians and non-Christians. And the faithful who remained in the parish did the same thing under the pastor’s guide.
To meet the needs of workers, the parish of the Cathedral of the diocese of Xi An has programmed a number of initiatives during Lent. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 18/03/2014)
- 2015-11-18 - The bull distributed to the faithful of Our Lady of Carmel parish in Beijing
- 2015-11-05 - On the feast of the Apostles Simon and Jude, two communities welcome new deacons and priests
- 2015-08-10 - Episcopal Ordination of the Bishop Coadjutor of Anyang in Henan (China)
- 2015-07-23 - ASIA/CHINA – China’s six major seminaries offer 79 new workers for the Lord’s vineyard
- 2015-07-10 - Improving faith and Christian life: pastoral summer activities for children and young people of Zhou Cun
- 2015-06-19 - Priestly ordinations: To serve the Church and become witness of faith
- 2015-06-11 - Five years of continuous Eucharistic adoration have strengthened faith and mission
- 2015-06-02 - Study Seminar to improve the collaboration between the Catholic Church and Chinese society
- 2015-05-26 - Pentecost of the Chinese community, on the Day of Prayer for China
- 2015-05-13 - An exhibition of historical objects commemorates the pioneers of the mission in the Year of Consecrated Life