ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Church and government engaged in the Pope's visit; boom of participants at the Asian Youth Day
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - The Korean Church has welcomed with joy Pope Francis’ visit to the country and has set up a special Commission, composed of Bishops, religious and laity, who are responsible for organizing the visit with care in all its aspects.
For the event, which involves the entire nation, the Church is receiving full support from the Korean government has created a Committee for the Pope's visit, which is cooperating and assisting the ecclesial Commission in many ways. The two main events of the trip concern: the organization of the Asian Youth Day, as reported to Fides by the Korean Church. The Day, to be held in Dajeon from 10 to 17 August 2014 will welcome young people representing 29 countries in Asia. The second memorable event is the celebration for the beatification of the Korean Martyrs, another event that deeply touched the hearts of the Korean population. When Pope John Paul II arrived in Korea in 1984 and in 1989, "we had over a year to prepare for the visit. Now we have less than five months. But we are working with zeal and enthusiasm", says to Fides the preparatory Commission of the Korean Church. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 14/03/2014 )
- 2014-08-18 - The Bishops: "The hug towards the disabled: the most significant moment of the Pope's visit"
- 2014-07-14 - The site of the Pope's trip to Korea is online
- 2014-06-27 - The Asian Bishops: "The Pope with our young people: an event of grace"
- 2014-06-12 - New commitment to enhance the ecumenical movement: social evangelization and missionary initiatives
- 2014-05-26 - South Korea invites a group of North Korean Catholics to the Pope's Mass in Seoul
- 2014-05-21 - The Cardinal of Seul visits North Korea
- 2014-04-25 - Annual Workshop of Caritas: Communicate to evangelize
- 2014-03-26 - "Small Christian Communities" instrument of evangelization
- 2014-03-14 - Church and government engaged in the Pope's visit; boom of participants at the Asian Youth Day
- 2014-03-11 - The Bishops: "Korea, rise up in splendor!", the Pope is coming