AFRICA/CONGO DR - To improve road communications in view of the national pilgrimage for the 50th anniversary of the martyrdom of Blessed Anuarite
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops of the Ecclesiastical Province of Kisangani (Democratic Republic of Congo) have launched an appeal to the governor of the Eastern Province to continue the work of improving the lines of communication of the most isolated places in area, in view of the celebrations of the fiftieth anniversary of the martyrdom of Blessed Anuarite.
At the end of their Assembly, the Bishops sent a message to the governor in which they outline their assessments on the state of the area.
The letter expresses appreciation for the organization of a round table to attract investors for the restoration works of the city streets and roads and for the improvement of security conditions. In particular, the Bishops welcome the efforts made for the opening of some roads in Tchopo, in Haut-Uele , in Bas-Uele and Ituri.
"We would like to inform you that the Catholic Church this year intends to organize a national pilgrimage to Isiro and Wamba to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the martyrdom of Blessed Anuarite. For this reason, the reactivation of road infrastructure linking Kisangani, Isiro, Wamba, Ibambi, Bafwabaka, should be a priority to accommodate the many visitors who flock to our province".
"This national event will also be a good opportunity - says the message - to give visibility to the changes that are underway in the Eastern Province, thanks to you and your government". (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 11/03/2014)
- 2014-12-17 - Meeting of the "wise men" begins today to put an end to the massacres in the territory of Beni
- 2014-12-16 - More groups commit massacres against civilians in Beni: maybe a new war?
- 2014-12-09 - AFRICA/DR CONGO – More massacres in Beni area; civil society starts dialogue
- 2014-12-05 - More than 88,000 persons displaced by guerrilla violence; no words describe the tragedy and horror
- 2014-11-26 - The massacres in Beni: carried out by a criminal network made up of guerrillas and corrupt military
- 2014-11-25 - AFRICA/DR CONGO – The Bishops: "Violence against women is a crime against humanity"
- 2014-11-24 - Another massacre in North Kivu: 200 people were killed in the area in October
- 2014-11-19 - Ebola: No new cases registered in the Country
- 2014-11-17 - Stop to minerals of war: appeal to the European Union so that it strengthen controls
- 2014-11-07 - "We want thorough investigation into the violence against the clergy in Lodja" asks civil society