AFRICA/CONGO DR - To improve road communications in view of the national pilgrimage for the 50th anniversary of the martyrdom of Blessed Anuarite
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops of the Ecclesiastical Province of Kisangani (Democratic Republic of Congo) have launched an appeal to the governor of the Eastern Province to continue the work of improving the lines of communication of the most isolated places in area, in view of the celebrations of the fiftieth anniversary of the martyrdom of Blessed Anuarite.
At the end of their Assembly, the Bishops sent a message to the governor in which they outline their assessments on the state of the area.
The letter expresses appreciation for the organization of a round table to attract investors for the restoration works of the city streets and roads and for the improvement of security conditions. In particular, the Bishops welcome the efforts made for the opening of some roads in Tchopo, in Haut-Uele , in Bas-Uele and Ituri.
"We would like to inform you that the Catholic Church this year intends to organize a national pilgrimage to Isiro and Wamba to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the martyrdom of Blessed Anuarite. For this reason, the reactivation of road infrastructure linking Kisangani, Isiro, Wamba, Ibambi, Bafwabaka, should be a priority to accommodate the many visitors who flock to our province".
"This national event will also be a good opportunity - says the message - to give visibility to the changes that are underway in the Eastern Province, thanks to you and your government". (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 11/03/2014)
- 2015-05-22 - Civil society denounces the ambiguous role of the army in the massacres in the territory of Beni
- 2015-05-18 - Prayers and mobilization of the population to demand an end of attacks by Ugandan rebels
- 2015-05-18 - More than a hundred women victims of rape in the attack in Kikamba
- 2015-05-05 - More than 7,000 Burundian asylum-seekers in South Kivu; UN and Caritas mobilized
- 2015-04-30 - African rebirth also passes through the media and Pan-African tourism
- 2015-04-27 - The United Nations Commission on Human Rights takes office, but repression of opponents continue
- 2015-04-10 - "The massacres in Butembo are a crime against humanity" denounce religious orders in the area
- 2015-04-09 - The opposition demands an investigation into the mass grave discovered 80 km from Kinshasa
- 2015-04-08 - Volcanoes erupting, wars, lack of infrastructure, extreme poverty and schooling for a few
- 2015-03-31 - The creation of new provinces is likely to result in a postponement of local elections