AFRICA/CONGO DR - To improve road communications in view of the national pilgrimage for the 50th anniversary of the martyrdom of Blessed Anuarite
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops of the Ecclesiastical Province of Kisangani (Democratic Republic of Congo) have launched an appeal to the governor of the Eastern Province to continue the work of improving the lines of communication of the most isolated places in area, in view of the celebrations of the fiftieth anniversary of the martyrdom of Blessed Anuarite.
At the end of their Assembly, the Bishops sent a message to the governor in which they outline their assessments on the state of the area.
The letter expresses appreciation for the organization of a round table to attract investors for the restoration works of the city streets and roads and for the improvement of security conditions. In particular, the Bishops welcome the efforts made for the opening of some roads in Tchopo, in Haut-Uele , in Bas-Uele and Ituri.
"We would like to inform you that the Catholic Church this year intends to organize a national pilgrimage to Isiro and Wamba to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the martyrdom of Blessed Anuarite. For this reason, the reactivation of road infrastructure linking Kisangani, Isiro, Wamba, Ibambi, Bafwabaka, should be a priority to accommodate the many visitors who flock to our province".
"This national event will also be a good opportunity - says the message - to give visibility to the changes that are underway in the Eastern Province, thanks to you and your government". (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 11/03/2014)
- 2014-07-28 - It is necessary to vaccinate children against measles
- 2014-07-10 - Appeal of Caritas: "Help us bring home more than 2,400 people expelled from Brazzaville"
- 2014-07-07 - The army and the UN did not intervene to stop the massacre in Mutarule, HRW denounces
- 2014-07-02 - The Bishops recall "the sacred duty to protect the nation and preserve peace"
- 2014-06-26 - Emergency continues for girls accused of witchcraft
- 2014-06-25 - "Address the problem of Rwandan Hutu militias once and for all" ask the missionaries
- 2014-06-17 - The Congolese doctor who helps victims of sexual violence:"rape is a weapon of mass destruction"
- 2014-06-13 - Clashes at the border with Rwanda: Civil society calls for the intervention of the international community
- 2014-06-12 - Massacre in South Kivu: it is not land conflict but clash among local politicians
- 2014-06-09 - Appeal for the release of 900 hostages, including three Assumptionist fathers kidnapped in 2012