AFRICA/CONGO DR - To improve road communications in view of the national pilgrimage for the 50th anniversary of the martyrdom of Blessed Anuarite
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops of the Ecclesiastical Province of Kisangani (Democratic Republic of Congo) have launched an appeal to the governor of the Eastern Province to continue the work of improving the lines of communication of the most isolated places in area, in view of the celebrations of the fiftieth anniversary of the martyrdom of Blessed Anuarite.
At the end of their Assembly, the Bishops sent a message to the governor in which they outline their assessments on the state of the area.
The letter expresses appreciation for the organization of a round table to attract investors for the restoration works of the city streets and roads and for the improvement of security conditions. In particular, the Bishops welcome the efforts made for the opening of some roads in Tchopo, in Haut-Uele , in Bas-Uele and Ituri.
"We would like to inform you that the Catholic Church this year intends to organize a national pilgrimage to Isiro and Wamba to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the martyrdom of Blessed Anuarite. For this reason, the reactivation of road infrastructure linking Kisangani, Isiro, Wamba, Ibambi, Bafwabaka, should be a priority to accommodate the many visitors who flock to our province".
"This national event will also be a good opportunity - says the message - to give visibility to the changes that are underway in the Eastern Province, thanks to you and your government". (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 11/03/2014)
- 2015-11-19 - Open discussion on the mission in Africa 50 years after the "Ad Gentes" apostolic decree
- 2015-11-16 - The Bishops: "National dialogue must respect the Constitution"
- 2015-11-05 - Civil society: "There are foreign jihadists in our region despite what the UN says"
- 2015-11-04 - Kidnappings: new plague in North Kivu: more than 600 seizures since the beginning of the year
- 2015-10-30 - Lack of funds put the elections at risk
- 2015-10-22 - Catholic Bishops disassociate from choice of presidency candidate for Independent National Election Commission
- 2015-10-21 - Three years after the disappearance of the three Congolese Assumptionists, no word on their fate
- 2015-10-20 - Religious confessions announce the rapid appointment of the new head of the Electoral Commission
- 2015-10-12 - Concern for the resignation of the President of the Independent Electoral Commission
- 2015-10-06 - First positive impact of the report submitted by Catholic organizations on the mine in Kibali