ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - In view of Lent, and in the light of the Lenten Message of the Holy Father - "He became poor although he was rich, so that by his poverty you might become rich. (cf. 2 Cor 8:9)" -, various Catholic communities in mainland China have intensified their efforts for the formation of the lay faithful, opening up to also non-Christians.
According to information gathered by Fides Agency, over 300 Catholics of the Cathedral of the Diocese of Wen Zhou, in Zhe Jiang province, and about forty non-Christians took part in a faith formation session on the theme "Living an authentic life - that of Jesus", which took place on February 28. During the meeting they shared a verse from the Gospel of Luke (9.25) because, as Don Zhong Jin Xing explained, "just by getting to know Jesus, leaning on Jesus, being converted to Jesus, studying Jesus, following Jesus, trusting Jesus, living within Him, we can have an authentic life". Finally, the parishioners guided the non-Christians in a visit to the church. During Lent other meetings of this type are scheduled, starting from March 6.
Instead, the first letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians was the focus of study, reflection and sharing of the laity of the parish of Jiu Jiang, in the province of Jiang Xi, for 5 days, from 24 to 28 February. About forty people attended the course, after which they reaffirmed their commitment to evangelization.
The Catholic community of the Cathedral of the Diocese of Tian Jin continues to consolidate the fruits of the Year of Faith for a quantum leap in the spiritual life of the parishioners. For this reason, the formation day of faith on February 27, focused on Catechism, with about a hundred participants.
Finally seventy young people of the district of Hui Li, in the province of Sichuan, studied the Gospel of Matthew (5:13-16) from February 7 to 10, to be "authentic witnesses and evangelizers". (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 04/03/2014)
ASIA/CHINA – THE FORMATION OF THE LAITY IN VIEW OF LENT INTENSIFIES
- 2014-10-29 - Christians and make Catholics aware of their missionary responsibility
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth
- 2014-10-08 - Msg. Giovanni Battista Wang Jin’s particular commitment to priestly vocations
- 2014-09-26 - A hundred days dedicated to the formation of young people in the diocese of Xian Xian
- 2014-09-25 - Born into a family of martyrs, Fr. Bonaventura De Li Chong has died, a witness of the Gospel and the life of charity
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children