ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - In view of Lent, and in the light of the Lenten Message of the Holy Father - "He became poor although he was rich, so that by his poverty you might become rich. (cf. 2 Cor 8:9)" -, various Catholic communities in mainland China have intensified their efforts for the formation of the lay faithful, opening up to also non-Christians.
According to information gathered by Fides Agency, over 300 Catholics of the Cathedral of the Diocese of Wen Zhou, in Zhe Jiang province, and about forty non-Christians took part in a faith formation session on the theme "Living an authentic life - that of Jesus", which took place on February 28. During the meeting they shared a verse from the Gospel of Luke (9.25) because, as Don Zhong Jin Xing explained, "just by getting to know Jesus, leaning on Jesus, being converted to Jesus, studying Jesus, following Jesus, trusting Jesus, living within Him, we can have an authentic life". Finally, the parishioners guided the non-Christians in a visit to the church. During Lent other meetings of this type are scheduled, starting from March 6.
Instead, the first letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians was the focus of study, reflection and sharing of the laity of the parish of Jiu Jiang, in the province of Jiang Xi, for 5 days, from 24 to 28 February. About forty people attended the course, after which they reaffirmed their commitment to evangelization.
The Catholic community of the Cathedral of the Diocese of Tian Jin continues to consolidate the fruits of the Year of Faith for a quantum leap in the spiritual life of the parishioners. For this reason, the formation day of faith on February 27, focused on Catechism, with about a hundred participants.
Finally seventy young people of the district of Hui Li, in the province of Sichuan, studied the Gospel of Matthew (5:13-16) from February 7 to 10, to be "authentic witnesses and evangelizers". (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 04/03/2014)
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
- 2014-03-07 - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 - ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
- 2014-02-27 - ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year