AMERICA/CANADA - A goal of solidarity has been accomplished: a house for 400 families in Haiti, left homeless after the earthquake
Montreal (Agenzia Fides) - The Canadian Catholic Organization for Development and Peace ("Développement et paix, OCCDP), a member of Caritas Internationalis, recently announced the closure of its reconstruction project in Ti-Boucan (Gressier) Haiti, four years after the devastating earthquake of 12 January 2010. The project has been called "A Home for Life" and has completed the construction of houses for 400 homeless families. Immediately after the earthquake, the Organization, supported by the Bishops of Canada, had launched an appeal to its members, and to all the faithful in general, for the collection of funds.
The Episcopal Conference of Canada has sent to Fides OCCDP’s recent report on the program for the reconstruction and revitalization of the local economy of Haiti, indicating that the final phase is scheduled for December 2015. The program of emergency and rescue "Development and Peace" is applied in humanitarian crises caused by conflict or natural disasters. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/03/2014)
- 2015-11-27 - Appointment of the Bishop of Whitehorse
- 2015-10-29 - The Cross of Evangelization opens the path to CAM 2018
- 2015-05-11 - First sanctuary in Canada for St. Gianna Beretta Molla: "She is like one of us"
- 2015-03-23 - The Canadian Bishops in solidarity with CELAM: Defense of creation and problems regarding mines
- 2014-05-12 - Cameroonian priest killed in a firefight in Canada
- 2014-03-03 - A goal of solidarity has been accomplished: a house for 400 families in Haiti, left homeless after the earthquake
- 2013-03-11 - "New evangelization in the mission Ad Gentes", final preparations for the CAM 4 COMLA 9
- 2012-12-03 - "Quality journalism is ethical journalism": contribution of the WACC
- 2012-07-03 - Missionary animation in the context of the new evangelization
- 2011-12-10 - The bishops of Canada to Haiti in solidarity 2 years after the earthquake