AMERICA/MEXICO - Five thousand people with the Bishop to march for peace and the family
Morelos (Agenzia Fides) - Approximately 5000 people, mostly Catholics, on Sunday morning, March 2 walked the streets of Cuernavaca to participate in the "March for Peace and the family", sponsored by the Bishop of Cuernavaca, Morelos (Mexico), His Exc. Mgr. Ramon Castro Castro, asking to stop the violence that disrupts the State.
Families, church groups, civil society organizations, religious communities, carried flowers, flags, colorful blankets. Almost all dressed in white, chanted slogans in favor of peace. Every now and then the procession stopped to listen to some urgent intervention regarding the urgency to stop violence and crime.
The most important witnesses were those of parents, concerned about the safety of their children inside and outside schools: "in municipalities throughout the state, there are situations of uncertainty, in front of kindergartens, primary and secondary schools kidnappings occur; as parents we are concerned", said Adriana Monzon, of the State Committee of the National Union of Parents.
The note sent to Fides reports that the Bishop of Cuernavaca spoke at the end of the March, also commenting on the similar events that take place throughout the country: "the population is tired - he said – it is urgent to express the desire for a society at peace, an end to violence. Demonstrations also help, as we have seen in some villages, to obtain the necessary peace". Shortly after his arrival in Morelos, Msg. Ramon Castro Castro made a pastoral visit in the different regions of the diocese, and said he was shocked by the fact that in cities like Tlaltizapan up to 27 seizures per month take place. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/03/2014)
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine
- 2015-02-18 - “The poor are the ones who pay the price of corrupt politicians” Bishops denounce
- 2015-02-16 - For 20 years a group of women has offered railway-line assistance to emigrants travelling towards the United States
- 2015-02-12 - The Archdiocese of Acapulco committed to protecting young people from criminal gangs
- 2015-02-10 - Migrants: a phenomenon which is difficult to quantify
- 2015-02-09 - The Bishop of Zacatecas: "People die every day"
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"