AMERICA/MEXICO - Five thousand people with the Bishop to march for peace and the family
Morelos (Agenzia Fides) - Approximately 5000 people, mostly Catholics, on Sunday morning, March 2 walked the streets of Cuernavaca to participate in the "March for Peace and the family", sponsored by the Bishop of Cuernavaca, Morelos (Mexico), His Exc. Mgr. Ramon Castro Castro, asking to stop the violence that disrupts the State.
Families, church groups, civil society organizations, religious communities, carried flowers, flags, colorful blankets. Almost all dressed in white, chanted slogans in favor of peace. Every now and then the procession stopped to listen to some urgent intervention regarding the urgency to stop violence and crime.
The most important witnesses were those of parents, concerned about the safety of their children inside and outside schools: "in municipalities throughout the state, there are situations of uncertainty, in front of kindergartens, primary and secondary schools kidnappings occur; as parents we are concerned", said Adriana Monzon, of the State Committee of the National Union of Parents.
The note sent to Fides reports that the Bishop of Cuernavaca spoke at the end of the March, also commenting on the similar events that take place throughout the country: "the population is tired - he said – it is urgent to express the desire for a society at peace, an end to violence. Demonstrations also help, as we have seen in some villages, to obtain the necessary peace". Shortly after his arrival in Morelos, Msg. Ramon Castro Castro made a pastoral visit in the different regions of the diocese, and said he was shocked by the fact that in cities like Tlaltizapan up to 27 seizures per month take place. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/03/2014)
- 2015-05-28 - The churches of Piedras Negras become centers of aid to people affected by the tornado
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"