AMERICA/MEXICO - Five thousand people with the Bishop to march for peace and the family
Morelos (Agenzia Fides) - Approximately 5000 people, mostly Catholics, on Sunday morning, March 2 walked the streets of Cuernavaca to participate in the "March for Peace and the family", sponsored by the Bishop of Cuernavaca, Morelos (Mexico), His Exc. Mgr. Ramon Castro Castro, asking to stop the violence that disrupts the State.
Families, church groups, civil society organizations, religious communities, carried flowers, flags, colorful blankets. Almost all dressed in white, chanted slogans in favor of peace. Every now and then the procession stopped to listen to some urgent intervention regarding the urgency to stop violence and crime.
The most important witnesses were those of parents, concerned about the safety of their children inside and outside schools: "in municipalities throughout the state, there are situations of uncertainty, in front of kindergartens, primary and secondary schools kidnappings occur; as parents we are concerned", said Adriana Monzon, of the State Committee of the National Union of Parents.
The note sent to Fides reports that the Bishop of Cuernavaca spoke at the end of the March, also commenting on the similar events that take place throughout the country: "the population is tired - he said – it is urgent to express the desire for a society at peace, an end to violence. Demonstrations also help, as we have seen in some villages, to obtain the necessary peace". Shortly after his arrival in Morelos, Msg. Ramon Castro Castro made a pastoral visit in the different regions of the diocese, and said he was shocked by the fact that in cities like Tlaltizapan up to 27 seizures per month take place. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/03/2014)
- 2015-11-18 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The missing priest's body found, he had been set on fire
- 2015-11-17 - Parish priest in Cook has been missing for days
- 2015-11-16 - The child martyrs of Tlaxcala: martyrs of all Latin America
- 2015-11-12 - Minors not allowed to work in the sugarcane fields
- 2015-11-10 - A battlefield where migrants suffer, are attacked, die
- 2015-11-06 - Mgr. Arizmendi inaugurates a house of the migrant in Tuxtla Gutierrez
- 2015-11-05 - Bishops' appeal for peace: "Dialogue with everyone, even with organized crime"
- 2015-11-03 - For the first time in Mexican history a Pope's encyclical will be presented in the Senate
- 2015-10-27 - “Drugs are drugs even when sold as medicines”: the Catholic stance
- 2015-10-27 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Children in mining areas risk lead poisoning