AMERICA/MEXICO - Five thousand people with the Bishop to march for peace and the family
Morelos (Agenzia Fides) - Approximately 5000 people, mostly Catholics, on Sunday morning, March 2 walked the streets of Cuernavaca to participate in the "March for Peace and the family", sponsored by the Bishop of Cuernavaca, Morelos (Mexico), His Exc. Mgr. Ramon Castro Castro, asking to stop the violence that disrupts the State.
Families, church groups, civil society organizations, religious communities, carried flowers, flags, colorful blankets. Almost all dressed in white, chanted slogans in favor of peace. Every now and then the procession stopped to listen to some urgent intervention regarding the urgency to stop violence and crime.
The most important witnesses were those of parents, concerned about the safety of their children inside and outside schools: "in municipalities throughout the state, there are situations of uncertainty, in front of kindergartens, primary and secondary schools kidnappings occur; as parents we are concerned", said Adriana Monzon, of the State Committee of the National Union of Parents.
The note sent to Fides reports that the Bishop of Cuernavaca spoke at the end of the March, also commenting on the similar events that take place throughout the country: "the population is tired - he said – it is urgent to express the desire for a society at peace, an end to violence. Demonstrations also help, as we have seen in some villages, to obtain the necessary peace". Shortly after his arrival in Morelos, Msg. Ramon Castro Castro made a pastoral visit in the different regions of the diocese, and said he was shocked by the fact that in cities like Tlaltizapan up to 27 seizures per month take place. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/03/2014)
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude