AMERICA/MEXICO - Five thousand people with the Bishop to march for peace and the family
Morelos (Agenzia Fides) - Approximately 5000 people, mostly Catholics, on Sunday morning, March 2 walked the streets of Cuernavaca to participate in the "March for Peace and the family", sponsored by the Bishop of Cuernavaca, Morelos (Mexico), His Exc. Mgr. Ramon Castro Castro, asking to stop the violence that disrupts the State.
Families, church groups, civil society organizations, religious communities, carried flowers, flags, colorful blankets. Almost all dressed in white, chanted slogans in favor of peace. Every now and then the procession stopped to listen to some urgent intervention regarding the urgency to stop violence and crime.
The most important witnesses were those of parents, concerned about the safety of their children inside and outside schools: "in municipalities throughout the state, there are situations of uncertainty, in front of kindergartens, primary and secondary schools kidnappings occur; as parents we are concerned", said Adriana Monzon, of the State Committee of the National Union of Parents.
The note sent to Fides reports that the Bishop of Cuernavaca spoke at the end of the March, also commenting on the similar events that take place throughout the country: "the population is tired - he said – it is urgent to express the desire for a society at peace, an end to violence. Demonstrations also help, as we have seen in some villages, to obtain the necessary peace". Shortly after his arrival in Morelos, Msg. Ramon Castro Castro made a pastoral visit in the different regions of the diocese, and said he was shocked by the fact that in cities like Tlaltizapan up to 27 seizures per month take place. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/03/2014)
- 2015-09-30 - Parish canteen transformed into a hall to exhibit the photographs of missing persons
- 2015-09-28 - Mgr. Arizmendi on the events in Chiapas: "Yes to protest, but never with violence"
- 2015-09-26 - "No one can remain indifferent". A year ago, the massacre of 43 students in Iguala
- 2015-09-25 - Proposal for reform to combat the poverty of 20 million children
- 2015-09-21 - Free surgeries for children and adults with cleft lip and palate
- 2015-09-15 - "In Mexico there is no real administration of justice" says the Archdiocese of Mexico
- 2015-09-08 - Meeting of the Bishops of Mexico and the United States on the expulsion of immigrants
- 2015-09-04 - May our nation be an open space for respectable migration, in justice and peace
- 2015-08-03 - Solidarity Prize: Spanish Bishops in favour of Las Patronas candidature
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth