AMERICA/COLOMBIA - We Colombians cannot be indifferent to the suffering experienced by our brothers and sisters in Venezuela
Cali (Agenzia Fides) – The secretary general of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Colombia, Bishop José Daniel Falla Robles, auxiliary of Cali, has called on all Colombians to unite in prayer and solidarity with the people of Venezuela and he also urged the leaders of that country to listen to the needs of the people. A report sent to Fides by the Bishops’ Conference quoted Bishop Falla Robles, stressing the urgency to safeguard the unity and fraternity which have always marked the history of the two countries.
Bishop Falla Robles underlined that precisely because of the bonds of fraternity which exist between Colombia and Venezuela “we cannot be indifferent to the situation in which our Venezuelan brothers and sisters are living, they are blood of our blood ". The Bishop affirmed that Colombians will continue to pray for the safeguarding of democracy and the return of tranquillity in the sister-nation.
Demonstrations, acts of violence in recent days in various cities of Venezuela (see Fides 15/02/2014) directly touched Colombia, when Colombian citizens were deported from the neighbouring country (see Fides 24/02/2014), giving rise to initiatives to promote peace in Venezuela. (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 27/02/2014)
- 2015-04-22 - The Episcopal Council for Peace analyzes the situation of the talks
- 2015-04-21 - Emergency for violence and attacks against minors
- 2015-04-16 - Eleven soldiers killed, the Church asks for a definitive cease-fire
- 2015-04-01 - Special care for children infected with chikungunya
- 2015-03-30 - Joy in the suffering: Sincelejo welcomes the new Bishop remembering the pastor killed
- 2015-03-25 - Concern of the Church: peace talks must continue
- 2015-03-23 - A priest killed after a violent attempted robbery
- 2015-03-18 - Elections: the Archbishop of Medellin urges the socio-political formation of the community
- 2015-03-10 - "Weapons, from security to threat for the family, must be eliminated" asks the Archbishop of Medellin
- 2015-03-04 - Meeting of Bishops Emeritus