ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year
Han Dan (Agenzia Fides) – Eucharistic Adoration in community and individual form, to practice with devotion, and the adoption of a life stile of sobriety, above all in certain circumstances of ecclesial life, concentrating on the authentic significance of the Church’s liturgical celebrations and the activities: this is the call launched by Han Dan diocese, in He Bei province, to priests, religious men and women and the lay faithful for the new Lunar Year which has just started.
According to information obtained by Fides Agency, the diocese issued a message thanking the whole people of God for the commitment shown to do God’s will, to promote the development of the Church and for her mission of salvation. In this new year, “to enhance the image of the Church in society bearing witness to Christ, to consolidate our faith, to deepen our personal relationship with the Lord” the diocese calls everyone to participate in intense Eucharistic adoration, community and individual: “parishes and basic ecclesial communities are encouraged to organise at least once a week, at least one hour of community adoration”, “because too often we have left Christ alone in church”.
The diocesan message continues: on the occasion of “the consecration of new churches or prayer rooms, ordinations of priests or vows of religious, weddings of lay faithful … other Church activities”, all are encouraged to show “ sobriety and maximum seriousness”, because the “ Kingdom of God is not eating and or drinking, it is justice and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit ” (Rm 14,17). And the message concludes: “may we enhance the image of the Church in today’s society and so spread more effectively the Gospel to all people”. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 2014/02/27)
ASIA/CHINA – EUCHARISTIC ADORATION AND SOBRIETY: MESSAGE FROM HAN DAN DIOCESE FOR THE NEW YEAR
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth
- 2014-10-08 - Msg. Giovanni Battista Wang Jin’s particular commitment to priestly vocations
- 2014-09-26 - A hundred days dedicated to the formation of young people in the diocese of Xian Xian
- 2014-09-25 - Born into a family of martyrs, Fr. Bonaventura De Li Chong has died, a witness of the Gospel and the life of charity
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission