ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year
Han Dan (Agenzia Fides) – Eucharistic Adoration in community and individual form, to practice with devotion, and the adoption of a life stile of sobriety, above all in certain circumstances of ecclesial life, concentrating on the authentic significance of the Church’s liturgical celebrations and the activities: this is the call launched by Han Dan diocese, in He Bei province, to priests, religious men and women and the lay faithful for the new Lunar Year which has just started.
According to information obtained by Fides Agency, the diocese issued a message thanking the whole people of God for the commitment shown to do God’s will, to promote the development of the Church and for her mission of salvation. In this new year, “to enhance the image of the Church in society bearing witness to Christ, to consolidate our faith, to deepen our personal relationship with the Lord” the diocese calls everyone to participate in intense Eucharistic adoration, community and individual: “parishes and basic ecclesial communities are encouraged to organise at least once a week, at least one hour of community adoration”, “because too often we have left Christ alone in church”.
The diocesan message continues: on the occasion of “the consecration of new churches or prayer rooms, ordinations of priests or vows of religious, weddings of lay faithful … other Church activities”, all are encouraged to show “ sobriety and maximum seriousness”, because the “ Kingdom of God is not eating and or drinking, it is justice and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit ” (Rm 14,17). And the message concludes: “may we enhance the image of the Church in today’s society and so spread more effectively the Gospel to all people”. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 2014/02/27)
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
- 2014-03-07 - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 - ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
- 2014-02-27 - ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year