ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year
Han Dan (Agenzia Fides) – Eucharistic Adoration in community and individual form, to practice with devotion, and the adoption of a life stile of sobriety, above all in certain circumstances of ecclesial life, concentrating on the authentic significance of the Church’s liturgical celebrations and the activities: this is the call launched by Han Dan diocese, in He Bei province, to priests, religious men and women and the lay faithful for the new Lunar Year which has just started.
According to information obtained by Fides Agency, the diocese issued a message thanking the whole people of God for the commitment shown to do God’s will, to promote the development of the Church and for her mission of salvation. In this new year, “to enhance the image of the Church in society bearing witness to Christ, to consolidate our faith, to deepen our personal relationship with the Lord” the diocese calls everyone to participate in intense Eucharistic adoration, community and individual: “parishes and basic ecclesial communities are encouraged to organise at least once a week, at least one hour of community adoration”, “because too often we have left Christ alone in church”.
The diocesan message continues: on the occasion of “the consecration of new churches or prayer rooms, ordinations of priests or vows of religious, weddings of lay faithful … other Church activities”, all are encouraged to show “ sobriety and maximum seriousness”, because the “ Kingdom of God is not eating and or drinking, it is justice and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit ” (Rm 14,17). And the message concludes: “may we enhance the image of the Church in today’s society and so spread more effectively the Gospel to all people”. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 2014/02/27)
ASIA/CHINA – EUCHARISTIC ADORATION AND SOBRIETY: MESSAGE FROM HAN DAN DIOCESE FOR THE NEW YEAR
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future
- 2014-11-27 - A group of doctors provide free health service in the diocese of Hai Men
- 2014-11-05 - After years of waiting, the small community of Lai Gang has its own chapel
- 2014-10-29 - Christians and make Catholics aware of their missionary responsibility
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth
- 2014-10-08 - Msg. Giovanni Battista Wang Jin’s particular commitment to priestly vocations