ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year
Han Dan (Agenzia Fides) – Eucharistic Adoration in community and individual form, to practice with devotion, and the adoption of a life stile of sobriety, above all in certain circumstances of ecclesial life, concentrating on the authentic significance of the Church’s liturgical celebrations and the activities: this is the call launched by Han Dan diocese, in He Bei province, to priests, religious men and women and the lay faithful for the new Lunar Year which has just started.
According to information obtained by Fides Agency, the diocese issued a message thanking the whole people of God for the commitment shown to do God’s will, to promote the development of the Church and for her mission of salvation. In this new year, “to enhance the image of the Church in society bearing witness to Christ, to consolidate our faith, to deepen our personal relationship with the Lord” the diocese calls everyone to participate in intense Eucharistic adoration, community and individual: “parishes and basic ecclesial communities are encouraged to organise at least once a week, at least one hour of community adoration”, “because too often we have left Christ alone in church”.
The diocesan message continues: on the occasion of “the consecration of new churches or prayer rooms, ordinations of priests or vows of religious, weddings of lay faithful … other Church activities”, all are encouraged to show “ sobriety and maximum seriousness”, because the “ Kingdom of God is not eating and or drinking, it is justice and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit ” (Rm 14,17). And the message concludes: “may we enhance the image of the Church in today’s society and so spread more effectively the Gospel to all people”. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 2014/02/27)
ASIA/CHINA – EUCHARISTIC ADORATION AND SOBRIETY: MESSAGE FROM HAN DAN DIOCESE FOR THE NEW YEAR
- 2015-11-18 - The bull distributed to the faithful of Our Lady of Carmel parish in Beijing
- 2015-11-05 - On the feast of the Apostles Simon and Jude, two communities welcome new deacons and priests
- 2015-08-10 - Episcopal Ordination of the Bishop Coadjutor of Anyang in Henan (China)
- 2015-07-23 - ASIA/CHINA – China’s six major seminaries offer 79 new workers for the Lord’s vineyard
- 2015-07-10 - Improving faith and Christian life: pastoral summer activities for children and young people of Zhou Cun
- 2015-06-19 - Priestly ordinations: To serve the Church and become witness of faith
- 2015-06-11 - Five years of continuous Eucharistic adoration have strengthened faith and mission
- 2015-06-02 - Study Seminar to improve the collaboration between the Catholic Church and Chinese society
- 2015-05-26 - Pentecost of the Chinese community, on the Day of Prayer for China
- 2015-05-13 - An exhibition of historical objects commemorates the pioneers of the mission in the Year of Consecrated Life