AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - “Our place is here”: caring for mothers and infants in need of medical attention
Yirol (Agenzia Fides) – War is making it ever more difficult to help mothers and infants in need. Caring for the most vulnerable is the constant commitment of Medici Africa Cuamm in the martyred land of South Sudan. The first hospital was opened here in 2006 in Yirol and then a second hospital at Lui. Today more than ever after the explosion of tension between loyalist troops and rebels, the priority for intervention remain hospital service and assistance to people forced from their homes, the displaced. In the field, despite the scarcity of means, medical doctors and volunteers seek to meet the emergency offering the local people a clear sign of closeness and sharing .(AP) (25/2/2014 Agenzia Fides
- 2015-11-09 - Violence, food insecurity, malnutrition: the population is exhausted
- 2015-11-04 - "South Sudan is not prepared to deal with terrorist infiltration"
- 2015-11-03 - Appeals from religious leaders regarding the fate of 80,000 displaced people in the woods
- 2015-11-03 - AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN – The civil war continues to penalize the population: now the aim is survival
- 2015-10-20 - Apostolic Administrator of Torit: "It is more important to implement the peace agreement than create new States"
- 2015-10-08 - Perplexity about the creation of 28 new States
- 2015-10-02 - Malaria: 4,000 cases a week and the death of three children a day
- 2015-09-22 - Women, widows and orphans who live in absolute precariousness continues to increase
- 2015-09-15 - A Comboni Congolese missionary wounded in a road ambush
- 2015-09-03 - The Archbishop of Juba will inform Pope Francis on the situation in his country