AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - “Our place is here”: caring for mothers and infants in need of medical attention
Yirol (Agenzia Fides) – War is making it ever more difficult to help mothers and infants in need. Caring for the most vulnerable is the constant commitment of Medici Africa Cuamm in the martyred land of South Sudan. The first hospital was opened here in 2006 in Yirol and then a second hospital at Lui. Today more than ever after the explosion of tension between loyalist troops and rebels, the priority for intervention remain hospital service and assistance to people forced from their homes, the displaced. In the field, despite the scarcity of means, medical doctors and volunteers seek to meet the emergency offering the local people a clear sign of closeness and sharing .(AP) (25/2/2014 Agenzia Fides
- 2015-07-24 - AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN – School instruction during emergency situations a basic humanitarian necessity
- 2015-07-17 - "We must start again from scratch", says the Bishop Emeritus of Juba
- 2015-07-10 - New peace initiative announced by the Church on the anniversary of independence
- 2015-07-09 - Violence and insecurity in the camps where refugees fleeing the civil war are welcomed
- 2015-06-25 - Cholera and rains aggravate the humanitarian situation, thousands of refugees fleeing the war: the testimony of a missionary
- 2015-06-23 - Appeal from Torit: the few NGOs that have remained in South Sudan must not leave over 4 million displaced alone
- 2015-06-10 - New appeal of Christian leaders to stop the "senseless war"
- 2015-05-27 - Christian Churches: "Stop the violence, instigated by leaders, most of whom call themselves Christians"
- 2015-05-26 - Security situation worsens due to clashes
- 2015-05-04 - "Population left to themselves, we are determined to restore peace" say Christian leaders