AFRICA/SOUTH SUDAN - “Our place is here”: caring for mothers and infants in need of medical attention
Yirol (Agenzia Fides) – War is making it ever more difficult to help mothers and infants in need. Caring for the most vulnerable is the constant commitment of Medici Africa Cuamm in the martyred land of South Sudan. The first hospital was opened here in 2006 in Yirol and then a second hospital at Lui. Today more than ever after the explosion of tension between loyalist troops and rebels, the priority for intervention remain hospital service and assistance to people forced from their homes, the displaced. In the field, despite the scarcity of means, medical doctors and volunteers seek to meet the emergency offering the local people a clear sign of closeness and sharing .(AP) (25/2/2014 Agenzia Fides
- 2015-01-30 - The Bishops denounce: "Land grabbing threatens the stability of the Country"
- 2015-01-16 - The importance of "true hospitality" towards refugees
- 2014-12-15 - Memorial Mass for the victims and for peace, a year after the outbreak of the Civil War
- 2014-11-14 - The first woman mayor of Yei killed: an act against the Church and against peace
- 2014-10-30 - Campaign against the recruitment of children in armed conflict: "Children, not soldiers"!
- 2014-10-21 - The warring parties recognize their responsibilities in the civil war, "an important step for peace"
- 2014-10-09 - The law that strengthens the powers of security services has been approved, the opposition protests
- 2014-10-07 - A million people at risk of hunger if the political crisis is not solved
- 2014-10-03 - South Sudan's authorities threaten Catholic community radio
- 2014-10-01 - Authorities have threatened to close down another Catholic radio