Acta of the Holy See
AFRICA/UGANDA - Resignation of the Bishop of Moroto and appointment of successor
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - On February 20, 2014, the Holy Father accepted the resignation from the pastoral governance of the diocese of Moroto (Uganda), by His Exc. Mgr. Henry Apaloryamam Ssentongo, in accordance with can . 401 § 1 of the Code of Canon Law. The Holy Father appointed Rev. Fr. Damiano Giulio Guzzetti, M.C.C.J., a former missionary in Uganda, as Bishop of the Diocese of Moroto (Uganda).
The new Bishop of Moroto was born on July 15, 1959 in Turate, Archdiocese of Milan. He gave his solemn vows in 1989, and was ordained a priest in 1989.
He completed his studies in philosophy in Uganda, at the Major Seminary in Ggaba, Kampala (1986-1988), and studies in Theology in Kenya, at Tangaza College in Nairobi (1988-1989). After ordination he has served in a number of pastoral roles: 1989-1994: Pastoral Ministry in Italy, for missionary animation and vocation promotion of his congregation; 1994-2009: Assistant priest in Namalu and Naoi, and then Pastor of the parish of Matanynella in the diocese of Moroto; 1999-2002: Member of the Provincial Council of the Congregation of the Comboni Missionaries in Uganda; 2009-2014: Formator of postulants in his Congregation in Uganda, and bursar and lecturer at the Queen of Apostle Philosophy Centre in Jinja, Uganda. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 21/02/2014)
ACTA OF THE HOLY SEE
- 2013-01-28 - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas