AMERICA/MEXICO - "Society based on the family": opening of the Year of the Family in the Diocese of Orizaba
Orizaba (Agenzia Fides) – An appeal to rebuild the social fabric and build bridges between people and the Church, in search of peace and to stop the violence that the state of Veracruz is experiencing, was launched by the Auxiliary Bishop of Puebla and Secretary general of the Mexican Episcopal Conference, His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Lira Rugarcía. According to the statement sent to Fides, Mgr. Lira Rugarcía spoke during a Congress for families organized by the Diocese of Orizaba during the diocesan celebration of the Year of the Family.
"There are several situations that challenge us, such as lack of education unemployment, the values for life in a globalized cultural environment that proposes individualism as a model of life", said the Bishop. "Inequality is a challenge, because there is injustice, there is a partial view of reality that reduces the human person to the rank of an object of pleasure, of production or consumption. All this has consequences such as labor exploitation, abduction, human trafficking, violence and death, but we are confident that this situation will change, because society is based on the family", reiterated Mgr. Lira Rugarcía. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/02/2014)
- 2015-11-18 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The missing priest's body found, he had been set on fire
- 2015-11-17 - Parish priest in Cook has been missing for days
- 2015-11-16 - The child martyrs of Tlaxcala: martyrs of all Latin America
- 2015-11-12 - Minors not allowed to work in the sugarcane fields
- 2015-11-10 - A battlefield where migrants suffer, are attacked, die
- 2015-11-06 - Mgr. Arizmendi inaugurates a house of the migrant in Tuxtla Gutierrez
- 2015-11-05 - Bishops' appeal for peace: "Dialogue with everyone, even with organized crime"
- 2015-11-03 - For the first time in Mexican history a Pope's encyclical will be presented in the Senate
- 2015-10-27 - “Drugs are drugs even when sold as medicines”: the Catholic stance
- 2015-10-27 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Children in mining areas risk lead poisoning