AMERICA/MEXICO - "Society based on the family": opening of the Year of the Family in the Diocese of Orizaba
Orizaba (Agenzia Fides) – An appeal to rebuild the social fabric and build bridges between people and the Church, in search of peace and to stop the violence that the state of Veracruz is experiencing, was launched by the Auxiliary Bishop of Puebla and Secretary general of the Mexican Episcopal Conference, His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Lira Rugarcía. According to the statement sent to Fides, Mgr. Lira Rugarcía spoke during a Congress for families organized by the Diocese of Orizaba during the diocesan celebration of the Year of the Family.
"There are several situations that challenge us, such as lack of education unemployment, the values for life in a globalized cultural environment that proposes individualism as a model of life", said the Bishop. "Inequality is a challenge, because there is injustice, there is a partial view of reality that reduces the human person to the rank of an object of pleasure, of production or consumption. All this has consequences such as labor exploitation, abduction, human trafficking, violence and death, but we are confident that this situation will change, because society is based on the family", reiterated Mgr. Lira Rugarcía. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/02/2014)
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction