AMERICA/MEXICO - "Society based on the family": opening of the Year of the Family in the Diocese of Orizaba
Orizaba (Agenzia Fides) – An appeal to rebuild the social fabric and build bridges between people and the Church, in search of peace and to stop the violence that the state of Veracruz is experiencing, was launched by the Auxiliary Bishop of Puebla and Secretary general of the Mexican Episcopal Conference, His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Lira Rugarcía. According to the statement sent to Fides, Mgr. Lira Rugarcía spoke during a Congress for families organized by the Diocese of Orizaba during the diocesan celebration of the Year of the Family.
"There are several situations that challenge us, such as lack of education unemployment, the values for life in a globalized cultural environment that proposes individualism as a model of life", said the Bishop. "Inequality is a challenge, because there is injustice, there is a partial view of reality that reduces the human person to the rank of an object of pleasure, of production or consumption. All this has consequences such as labor exploitation, abduction, human trafficking, violence and death, but we are confident that this situation will change, because society is based on the family", reiterated Mgr. Lira Rugarcía. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/02/2014)
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care