AMERICA/MEXICO - "Society based on the family": opening of the Year of the Family in the Diocese of Orizaba
Orizaba (Agenzia Fides) – An appeal to rebuild the social fabric and build bridges between people and the Church, in search of peace and to stop the violence that the state of Veracruz is experiencing, was launched by the Auxiliary Bishop of Puebla and Secretary general of the Mexican Episcopal Conference, His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Lira Rugarcía. According to the statement sent to Fides, Mgr. Lira Rugarcía spoke during a Congress for families organized by the Diocese of Orizaba during the diocesan celebration of the Year of the Family.
"There are several situations that challenge us, such as lack of education unemployment, the values for life in a globalized cultural environment that proposes individualism as a model of life", said the Bishop. "Inequality is a challenge, because there is injustice, there is a partial view of reality that reduces the human person to the rank of an object of pleasure, of production or consumption. All this has consequences such as labor exploitation, abduction, human trafficking, violence and death, but we are confident that this situation will change, because society is based on the family", reiterated Mgr. Lira Rugarcía. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/02/2014)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"