AMERICA/MEXICO - "Society based on the family": opening of the Year of the Family in the Diocese of Orizaba
Orizaba (Agenzia Fides) – An appeal to rebuild the social fabric and build bridges between people and the Church, in search of peace and to stop the violence that the state of Veracruz is experiencing, was launched by the Auxiliary Bishop of Puebla and Secretary general of the Mexican Episcopal Conference, His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Lira Rugarcía. According to the statement sent to Fides, Mgr. Lira Rugarcía spoke during a Congress for families organized by the Diocese of Orizaba during the diocesan celebration of the Year of the Family.
"There are several situations that challenge us, such as lack of education unemployment, the values for life in a globalized cultural environment that proposes individualism as a model of life", said the Bishop. "Inequality is a challenge, because there is injustice, there is a partial view of reality that reduces the human person to the rank of an object of pleasure, of production or consumption. All this has consequences such as labor exploitation, abduction, human trafficking, violence and death, but we are confident that this situation will change, because society is based on the family", reiterated Mgr. Lira Rugarcía. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/02/2014)
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration