VATICAN CITY - Cardinal Filoni : "It is wise and healthy to go to Christ’s school, be once again young pupils and listen to the Master"
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "How wise and healthy it would be to go to Christ’s school, be once again young pupils and listen to the Master. He who, with his behaviour, makes us feel good, because he speaks straight to the heart and mind, he pulls us out of deception and makes us know where the root of evil dwells". The hope was expressed by Cardinal Fernando Filoni, who presided over the Eucharistic celebration on Wednesday evening, February 12 in the chapel of the Pontifical Urban College, as Grand Chancellor of the Pontifical Urbaniana University, member of the Congregation for Catholic Education and Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples. The Congregation for Catholic Education is holding its plenary Assembly from February 12 to 14.
"Gathered in this chapel where thousands of young people prepared themselves for priesthood, pastoral and missionary life, as well as one’s own intellectual formation at our Pontifical Urbaniana University - said Card. Filoni in his homily - , we are here for a moment prayer, to renew our faith in the Eucharist, which is the heart of the Church".
Reflecting on the Readings, the Prefect of the Congregation emphasized the dimension of wisdom from a biblical, spiritual perspective, linking it to the present day: "The image of Solomon who built the house of the seven columns in which Wisdom dwells is eloquent and evocative, and I would say that the mission of the Congregation for Catholic Education is to allow anyone who wishes to have access to the knowledge of divine Wisdom, that is Christ, the way, truth and life".
In the Gospel passage of the day, the Master clearly distinguishes between the "Word of God" and "human tradition". "A distinction which is still present today - said the Cardinal - if we think about our post-modern meaning, the 'Word of God' is often negated and 'human tradition' and is replaced by a philosophical - ethical relativism, which focuses on one’s point of view, what one likes. Thus, Jesus’ question to his listeners is very strong and direct: with all the post-modern, scientific and cultural knowledge, 'even you are not able to understand?' ". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 12/02/2014)
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
- 2014-08-18 - Press release of the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans
- 2014-08-13 - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- 2014-08-12 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni leaves today for Iraq.
- 2014-08-11 - Pope Francis meets with Cardinal Fernando Filoni, his Envoy in Iraq
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"