ASIA/INDIA - Bishops’ vademecum: Human dignity, compass for Indian society
New Delhi (Agenzia Fides) - Human dignity must be the compass for Indian society: says a new book entitled "Human dignity in Catholic social thought", edited by Fr. Charles Irudayam, Secretary of the "Justice, peace and development" Commission, within the Bishops' Conference of India. The book, published a few months before the general elections that are to held in May 2014, focuses on the theme of human dignity as one of the central points of the social doctrine of the Church. The text includes biblical perspectives and patristic teaching of human dignity, as well as a deepening of the teachings of several popes from Leo XIII to pope Francis. The text referring to "Evangelii Gaudium", reminds us that "the dignity of every human person and the common good are concerns that should shape politics and economy". "With the publication of the book - explains Fr. Irudayam - the Commission hopes to cultivate respect for human dignity, brotherhood, equality, justice, peace and joy in the Church and throughout the Indian society". (PA) (Agenzia Fides 12/02/2014)
- 2014-09-29 - The High Court: It is legitimate to declare that one does not belong to any religion
- 2014-09-26 - The Franciscans: with the Pope, commitment towards the poor, for peace, for development
- 2014-09-25 - Cardinal Gracias: "The Church supports good governance"
- 2014-09-24 - Prostitution and abuse of all kinds, in the name of tradition, for devadasi women
- 2014-09-24 - Christians arrested and beaten by Hindu extremists
- 2014-09-23 - Caritas India renews "the joy of service
- 2014-09-17 - ASIA/INDIA – The Bishop after the flood: "In Kashmir we are like Ground Zero"
- 2014-09-16 - Cardinal Ranjith: “With Francesco to remain in the love of the Lord”
- 2014-09-16 - Bishops’ Justice and Peace Commission: a ray of hope for India’s minorities
- 2014-09-15 - ASIA/INDIA – Floods in Kashmir: Jesuits appeal for help