ASIA/INDIA - Bishops’ vademecum: Human dignity, compass for Indian society
New Delhi (Agenzia Fides) - Human dignity must be the compass for Indian society: says a new book entitled "Human dignity in Catholic social thought", edited by Fr. Charles Irudayam, Secretary of the "Justice, peace and development" Commission, within the Bishops' Conference of India. The book, published a few months before the general elections that are to held in May 2014, focuses on the theme of human dignity as one of the central points of the social doctrine of the Church. The text includes biblical perspectives and patristic teaching of human dignity, as well as a deepening of the teachings of several popes from Leo XIII to pope Francis. The text referring to "Evangelii Gaudium", reminds us that "the dignity of every human person and the common good are concerns that should shape politics and economy". "With the publication of the book - explains Fr. Irudayam - the Commission hopes to cultivate respect for human dignity, brotherhood, equality, justice, peace and joy in the Church and throughout the Indian society". (PA) (Agenzia Fides 12/02/2014)
- 2014-10-22 - Appeal for minorities is shared in civil society
- 2014-10-21 - The Franciscans prepare the Year for consecrated life
- 2014-10-15 - A center of excellence for technical formation regarding disadvantaged young people
- 2014-10-14 - The Franciscan Indians in the front line against violence on women
- 2014-10-10 - Christians to the government: "We are not terrorists"
- 2014-10-10 - Bosco Tea Project for more than 700 tea laborers
- 2014-10-09 - The Jesuits denounce: "600 attacks against religious minorities: stop to violence"
- 2014-10-06 - The marriage between a Christian and a Hindu annulled due to extremist group protest
- 2014-10-02 - Exposition of the relics of St. Francis Xavier
- 2014-10-01 - Closure of the professorship named after Mother Teresa