ASIA/VIETNAM - Children of ethnic Dao Tien committed to celebrating the Lunar New Year
Moc Chau (Agenzia Fides) - With the arrival of spring, the population of ethnic Dao Tien, especially the children of the northern mountainous district of Moc Chau, in Hoa Binh province, are engaged in the celebrations of the Lunar New Year, known as Tet. They are full of enthusiasm, they cook rice cakes, ring the bells and celebrate religious rituals, such as prayers for the harvest and dancing around the fire. The children wear traditional clothes and take part in folk games related to their development culture. Moc Chau, a famous tourist spot, in the past was famous for the largest tea plantations in Vietnam. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 12/02/2014)
- 2015-02-05 - Vietnamese NGO Report on human rights and religious freedom
- 2014-11-19 - Attacks and arrests in a Mennonite Christian Center
- 2014-10-31 - Catholics in Hanoi demand the return of a land that belongs to the Church
- 2014-10-20 - The Archbishop of Ho Chi Minh city: prayer and hope for the Vatican-Vietnam diplomatic ties
- 2014-09-23 - Family, cradle of faith and of Christian witness
- 2014-09-12 - Land is a source of livelihood for 14% of the indigenous people living in the Country
- 2014-08-01 - The UN Special Rapporteur: "Serious violations of religious freedom"
- 2014-07-22 - "UN expert on religious freedom will visit Viet Nam to assess the situation in the country"
- 2014-07-02 - "Christian family, the cradle of vocations to priesthood" for the Church in Vietnam
- 2014-06-26 - Brutal police repression on Christians Mennonites