AMERICA/MEXICO - Authorities have to talk less and be more effective in terms of safety
Córdoba (Agenzia Fides) - "Talk less and be more effective", is what the Bishop of the diocese of Córdoba, His Exc. Mgr. Eduardo Porfirio Patiño Leal publicly asked. As reported in the note sent to Fides Agency, the Bishop spoke to the press before starting the celebration for the Day of the Sick in San Jose Obrero parish (one of the most populous parts of the city) and highlighted that more concrete results on behalf of the authorities are expected.
The Bishop reiterated that security is one of the greatest desires of the people in Cordoba, and for this reason even the Catholic faithful have committed to praying for peace, especially for families who are victims of kidnappings and have feelings of helplessness and anxiety. In this regard, Mgr. Patiño Leal cited the government's efforts to reduce the scourge of kidnapping, assaults, robberies, and insecurity. The Bishop said he prefers a state with no self-defense group, and this is possible if authorities do their job effectively and fast.
After pointing out the need to carry out preventive actions permanently and not just for a few months, Mgr. Patiño Leal relaunched his appeal to the federal and state authorities not to remain seated, but to act effectively for peace and for the benefit of the population. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/02/2014)
- 2014-04-15 - Tension in the area of Veracruz due to the work of the hydroelectric power plant
- 2014-04-09 - Six out of 10 children live in poverty, laws are being studied to respect the rights of children
- 2014-04-04 - All involved in finding different mechanisms to put an end to violence
- 2014-03-31 - Mgr. Calzada Guerrero’s appeal:The killings in Oaxaca are a strong wake-up call
- 2014-03-28 - The Bishops: stop with threats! The problem in the area of Veracruz can be resolved through dialogue
- 2014-03-24 - Mgr. Pierre for the 50th anniversary of the Diocese of Veracruz: "Re-launch evangelization"
- 2014-03-15 - The complaint of a Bishop: "Corruption strangles bean farmers"
- 2014-03-14 - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
- 2014-03-05 - The phenomenon of adolescent mothers who drop out of school continues to worsen
- 2014-03-04 - Ash Wednesday: 200 priests go to prisons, to bring hope and encouragement