AMERICA/MEXICO - Authorities have to talk less and be more effective in terms of safety
Córdoba (Agenzia Fides) - "Talk less and be more effective", is what the Bishop of the diocese of Córdoba, His Exc. Mgr. Eduardo Porfirio Patiño Leal publicly asked. As reported in the note sent to Fides Agency, the Bishop spoke to the press before starting the celebration for the Day of the Sick in San Jose Obrero parish (one of the most populous parts of the city) and highlighted that more concrete results on behalf of the authorities are expected.
The Bishop reiterated that security is one of the greatest desires of the people in Cordoba, and for this reason even the Catholic faithful have committed to praying for peace, especially for families who are victims of kidnappings and have feelings of helplessness and anxiety. In this regard, Mgr. Patiño Leal cited the government's efforts to reduce the scourge of kidnapping, assaults, robberies, and insecurity. The Bishop said he prefers a state with no self-defense group, and this is possible if authorities do their job effectively and fast.
After pointing out the need to carry out preventive actions permanently and not just for a few months, Mgr. Patiño Leal relaunched his appeal to the federal and state authorities not to remain seated, but to act effectively for peace and for the benefit of the population. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/02/2014)
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine
- 2015-02-18 - “The poor are the ones who pay the price of corrupt politicians” Bishops denounce
- 2015-02-16 - For 20 years a group of women has offered railway-line assistance to emigrants travelling towards the United States
- 2015-02-12 - The Archdiocese of Acapulco committed to protecting young people from criminal gangs
- 2015-02-10 - Migrants: a phenomenon which is difficult to quantify
- 2015-02-09 - The Bishop of Zacatecas: "People die every day"