AMERICA/MEXICO - Authorities have to talk less and be more effective in terms of safety
Córdoba (Agenzia Fides) - "Talk less and be more effective", is what the Bishop of the diocese of Córdoba, His Exc. Mgr. Eduardo Porfirio Patiño Leal publicly asked. As reported in the note sent to Fides Agency, the Bishop spoke to the press before starting the celebration for the Day of the Sick in San Jose Obrero parish (one of the most populous parts of the city) and highlighted that more concrete results on behalf of the authorities are expected.
The Bishop reiterated that security is one of the greatest desires of the people in Cordoba, and for this reason even the Catholic faithful have committed to praying for peace, especially for families who are victims of kidnappings and have feelings of helplessness and anxiety. In this regard, Mgr. Patiño Leal cited the government's efforts to reduce the scourge of kidnapping, assaults, robberies, and insecurity. The Bishop said he prefers a state with no self-defense group, and this is possible if authorities do their job effectively and fast.
After pointing out the need to carry out preventive actions permanently and not just for a few months, Mgr. Patiño Leal relaunched his appeal to the federal and state authorities not to remain seated, but to act effectively for peace and for the benefit of the population. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/02/2014)
- 2014-03-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - The phenomenon of adolescent mothers who drop out of school continues to worsen
- 2014-03-04 AMERICA/MEXICO - Ash Wednesday: 200 priests go to prisons, to bring hope and encouragement
- 2014-03-03 AMERICA/MEXICO - Five thousand people with the Bishop to march for peace and the family
- 2014-02-24 AMERICA/MEXICO - “We must be all involved to stop the violence” says the Bishop of Zacatecas
- 2014-02-20 AMERICA/MEXICO - Prevention is not enough: Church, state and society must work together to combat human trafficking
- 2014-02-18 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Society based on the family": opening of the Year of the Family in the Diocese of Orizaba
- 2014-02-12 AMERICA/MEXICO - Authorities have to talk less and be more effective in terms of safety
- 2014-02-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - Solidarity with the nuns assaulted and request to solve the problem of land
- 2014-02-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - The Church concerned about the influenza that kills
- 2014-02-04 AMERICA/MEXICO - "The use of drugs cannot be fought with drugs", the Archdiocese against the bill