AMERICA/MEXICO - Authorities have to talk less and be more effective in terms of safety
Córdoba (Agenzia Fides) - "Talk less and be more effective", is what the Bishop of the diocese of Córdoba, His Exc. Mgr. Eduardo Porfirio Patiño Leal publicly asked. As reported in the note sent to Fides Agency, the Bishop spoke to the press before starting the celebration for the Day of the Sick in San Jose Obrero parish (one of the most populous parts of the city) and highlighted that more concrete results on behalf of the authorities are expected.
The Bishop reiterated that security is one of the greatest desires of the people in Cordoba, and for this reason even the Catholic faithful have committed to praying for peace, especially for families who are victims of kidnappings and have feelings of helplessness and anxiety. In this regard, Mgr. Patiño Leal cited the government's efforts to reduce the scourge of kidnapping, assaults, robberies, and insecurity. The Bishop said he prefers a state with no self-defense group, and this is possible if authorities do their job effectively and fast.
After pointing out the need to carry out preventive actions permanently and not just for a few months, Mgr. Patiño Leal relaunched his appeal to the federal and state authorities not to remain seated, but to act effectively for peace and for the benefit of the population. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/02/2014)
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children
- 2015-01-26 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Central America discuss the issue regarding assistance to migrants
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem
- 2015-01-17 - "We must stop violent groups", said Bishop Gallardo
- 2015-01-16 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Guerrero appreciate the good will of the army
- 2015-01-16 - The New Testament in Tsotsil language in the pipeline
- 2015-01-14 - Corruption: a serious disease that has infected all
- 2015-01-09 - The priests of Guerrero "continue to preach the Gospel as always" despite threats and blackmail,
- 2015-01-07 - "The jungle law" does not stop theft