AMERICA/MEXICO - Authorities have to talk less and be more effective in terms of safety
Córdoba (Agenzia Fides) - "Talk less and be more effective", is what the Bishop of the diocese of Córdoba, His Exc. Mgr. Eduardo Porfirio Patiño Leal publicly asked. As reported in the note sent to Fides Agency, the Bishop spoke to the press before starting the celebration for the Day of the Sick in San Jose Obrero parish (one of the most populous parts of the city) and highlighted that more concrete results on behalf of the authorities are expected.
The Bishop reiterated that security is one of the greatest desires of the people in Cordoba, and for this reason even the Catholic faithful have committed to praying for peace, especially for families who are victims of kidnappings and have feelings of helplessness and anxiety. In this regard, Mgr. Patiño Leal cited the government's efforts to reduce the scourge of kidnapping, assaults, robberies, and insecurity. The Bishop said he prefers a state with no self-defense group, and this is possible if authorities do their job effectively and fast.
After pointing out the need to carry out preventive actions permanently and not just for a few months, Mgr. Patiño Leal relaunched his appeal to the federal and state authorities not to remain seated, but to act effectively for peace and for the benefit of the population. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/02/2014)
- 2014-09-01 - “Migrants: for a better world”, pastoral care for human mobility national meeting
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"