AMERICA/HONDURAS - Recognition proposal for the intense social work carried out by the Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of San Pedro Sula
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - The Liberal MP Marco Antonio Andino, on February 7 has proposed an official recognition for the intense social work carried out by the Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of San Pedro Sula, Mgr. Romulo Emiliani and was presented to the National Congress of Honduras.
Mgr. Romulo Emiliani Sánchez, C.M.F., was born in Colon (Panama) on May 3, 1948, and was ordained a priest in 1976. In 1988 he was appointed Apostolic Vicar of Darién (Panama), and then, in 2002, Auxiliary Bishop of San Pedro Sula (Honduras). In 2004 he founded the organization "United for Life", with the aim of reintegrating the members of criminal gangs in society, and in 2007 he founded the Association "Volver a vivir", for alcoholics and drug addicts. To implement this initiative, the Bishop promoted the construction of a center in the area of Lago de Yojoa. In addition, Mgr. Emiliani was a precursor in the solution regarding the problems of gangs in Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala (see Fides 03/05/2013; 27/05/2013; 18/06/2013; 07/12/2013). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/02/2014)
- 2015-10-27 - Bishop Emiliani encourages “Honduras can do it, can stand up, can react”
- 2015-10-06 - Honduran Community says goodbye to candles and "dirty" electricity
- 2015-10-02 - Honduran Missionary receives an award for human rights
- 2015-09-23 - Mgr. Emiliani denounces the "violent reactions in the face of any situation"
- 2015-09-21 - "Honduras is sick of hate", warns Cardinal Rodriguez Maradiaga
- 2015-09-09 - Children resist famine thanks to school snacks
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light