AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Plenary Assembly of Bishops on the importance of pastoral action
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) – During the opening of the XCVI Plenary Assembly of the Bishops of Colombia, which began yesterday, February 3 in Bogota, the President of the Episcopal Conference, Cardinal Rubén Salazar Gómez, stressed the importance of the pastoral acton of the Christian community.
The Archbishop of Bogota and Primate of Colombia recalled that in the last two meetings, the Bishops analyzed the early stages of the process of evangelization: missionary activity and the action of catechetical initiation. In this Plenary Assembly, which will be held until February 7, says the note sent to Fides by the Secretariat of the Episcopal Conference, the Bishops' attention will focus on the third phase: "what we now call the pastoral action, which is intended to nourish and strengthen the life of the whole Christian community".
"These three elements are inseparable", said the Cardinal, who in his speech explained how pastoral action derives from the very nature of the Church and is realized in the various ecclesial areas (dioceses, parishes, apostolic movements and ecclesial communities), through the prophetic, liturgical, communal, social and charitable "dimension". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/02/2014)
- 2015-08-20 - Pope Francis: a delegate of the Holy See in the peace process
- 2015-08-13 - Consolidating REDPAM Catholic Pan-Amazon church network
- 2015-08-12 - “Let the people speak about mining activity”, Bishops’ statement
- 2015-07-31 - Day of Protest against human trafficking: child soldiers still used by FARC
- 2015-07-30 - Updated Spanish version of the New Testament
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"