AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Plenary Assembly of Bishops on the importance of pastoral action
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) – During the opening of the XCVI Plenary Assembly of the Bishops of Colombia, which began yesterday, February 3 in Bogota, the President of the Episcopal Conference, Cardinal Rubén Salazar Gómez, stressed the importance of the pastoral acton of the Christian community.
The Archbishop of Bogota and Primate of Colombia recalled that in the last two meetings, the Bishops analyzed the early stages of the process of evangelization: missionary activity and the action of catechetical initiation. In this Plenary Assembly, which will be held until February 7, says the note sent to Fides by the Secretariat of the Episcopal Conference, the Bishops' attention will focus on the third phase: "what we now call the pastoral action, which is intended to nourish and strengthen the life of the whole Christian community".
"These three elements are inseparable", said the Cardinal, who in his speech explained how pastoral action derives from the very nature of the Church and is realized in the various ecclesial areas (dioceses, parishes, apostolic movements and ecclesial communities), through the prophetic, liturgical, communal, social and charitable "dimension". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/02/2014)
- 2014-04-12 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA –"Schools of reconciliation" are born: initiative of the Church for young people
- 2014-04-09 - Respect for human rights for the victims of landmines
- 2014-04-03 - Indigenous children continue to die of hunger and chronic malnutrition
- 2014-03-31 - First study on hidden child victims of sexual abuse
- 2014-03-31 - Peace talks: conclusion of the 22nd session
- 2014-02-27 - We Colombians cannot be indifferent to the suffering experienced by our brothers and sisters in Venezuela
- 2014-02-25 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Dialogue between two parties on equal terms, not between weak and powerful
- 2014-02-24 - Colombians deported from Venezuela: Catholic Bishops in border area dioceses work to provide assistance and promote peace
- 2014-02-21 - The army must be armored against corruption
- 2014-02-20 - The children of the Aboriginal community Wayuu continue to die of hunger