AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Plenary Assembly of Bishops on the importance of pastoral action
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) – During the opening of the XCVI Plenary Assembly of the Bishops of Colombia, which began yesterday, February 3 in Bogota, the President of the Episcopal Conference, Cardinal Rubén Salazar Gómez, stressed the importance of the pastoral acton of the Christian community.
The Archbishop of Bogota and Primate of Colombia recalled that in the last two meetings, the Bishops analyzed the early stages of the process of evangelization: missionary activity and the action of catechetical initiation. In this Plenary Assembly, which will be held until February 7, says the note sent to Fides by the Secretariat of the Episcopal Conference, the Bishops' attention will focus on the third phase: "what we now call the pastoral action, which is intended to nourish and strengthen the life of the whole Christian community".
"These three elements are inseparable", said the Cardinal, who in his speech explained how pastoral action derives from the very nature of the Church and is realized in the various ecclesial areas (dioceses, parishes, apostolic movements and ecclesial communities), through the prophetic, liturgical, communal, social and charitable "dimension". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/02/2014)
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar
- 2015-05-07 - Children recruited by the FARC: they are prisoners and infected with the human papilloma virus
- 2015-05-04 - Talks resume for peace, despite the incidents and the distrust of the Colombians
- 2015-04-22 - The Episcopal Council for Peace analyzes the situation of the talks
- 2015-04-21 - Emergency for violence and attacks against minors
- 2015-04-16 - Eleven soldiers killed, the Church asks for a definitive cease-fire
- 2015-04-01 - Special care for children infected with chikungunya
- 2015-03-30 - Joy in the suffering: Sincelejo welcomes the new Bishop remembering the pastor killed
- 2015-03-25 - Concern of the Church: peace talks must continue