AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Plenary Assembly of Bishops on the importance of pastoral action
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) – During the opening of the XCVI Plenary Assembly of the Bishops of Colombia, which began yesterday, February 3 in Bogota, the President of the Episcopal Conference, Cardinal Rubén Salazar Gómez, stressed the importance of the pastoral acton of the Christian community.
The Archbishop of Bogota and Primate of Colombia recalled that in the last two meetings, the Bishops analyzed the early stages of the process of evangelization: missionary activity and the action of catechetical initiation. In this Plenary Assembly, which will be held until February 7, says the note sent to Fides by the Secretariat of the Episcopal Conference, the Bishops' attention will focus on the third phase: "what we now call the pastoral action, which is intended to nourish and strengthen the life of the whole Christian community".
"These three elements are inseparable", said the Cardinal, who in his speech explained how pastoral action derives from the very nature of the Church and is realized in the various ecclesial areas (dioceses, parishes, apostolic movements and ecclesial communities), through the prophetic, liturgical, communal, social and charitable "dimension". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/02/2014)
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours
- 2014-11-26 - Sexual violence on women: a forgotten medical emergency
- 2014-11-26 - Peace talks in Cuba must continue
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"