AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Plenary Assembly of Bishops on the importance of pastoral action
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) – During the opening of the XCVI Plenary Assembly of the Bishops of Colombia, which began yesterday, February 3 in Bogota, the President of the Episcopal Conference, Cardinal Rubén Salazar Gómez, stressed the importance of the pastoral acton of the Christian community.
The Archbishop of Bogota and Primate of Colombia recalled that in the last two meetings, the Bishops analyzed the early stages of the process of evangelization: missionary activity and the action of catechetical initiation. In this Plenary Assembly, which will be held until February 7, says the note sent to Fides by the Secretariat of the Episcopal Conference, the Bishops' attention will focus on the third phase: "what we now call the pastoral action, which is intended to nourish and strengthen the life of the whole Christian community".
"These three elements are inseparable", said the Cardinal, who in his speech explained how pastoral action derives from the very nature of the Church and is realized in the various ecclesial areas (dioceses, parishes, apostolic movements and ecclesial communities), through the prophetic, liturgical, communal, social and charitable "dimension". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/02/2014)
- 2014-08-01 - The Church: stop the violence, but do not stop peace talks
- 2014-07-28 - Guerrilla groups become political parties: for the Church this is a positive step
- 2014-07-11 - After the Bishops also international organizations denounce the serious situation in Chocò
- 2014-07-10 - The new President of the Episcopate reiterates that peace is the great challenge of the country
- 2014-07-09 - In the region of Chocò: "We are forgotten by all, we have no protection, people live in anguish"
- 2014-07-05 - The Assembly of Bishops begins: Analysis of social reality and new directives
- 2014-07-03 - Historic meeting between religious communities for peace in the country
- 2014-06-28 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – IDPs are increasing: the Church appeals to the authorities to resolve the crisis
- 2014-06-27 - The Church with regards to peace talks: Consider the pain of the victims
- 2014-06-20 - "The Church has helped me to find a land": in Colombia 5.5 million internally displaced persons