AMERICA/VENEZUELA - According to the report of an NGO, more than 500 deaths in prisons in 2013
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - The NGO Observatorio Venezolano de Prisiones (OVP) presented its annual report which states that the number of prisoners who died in prison in this country in 2013 was 506, "it is a high number", according to the director of OVP, Humberto Prado. The report states that 616 prisoners were injured in clashes, fights and other incidents. In addition, overcrowding has increased by over 20% compared to the previous year. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 31/01/2014)
- 2015-05-19 - Casa-Hogar "Padre Machado" in El Valle occupied with violence for a few hours
- 2015-03-03 - Classes suspended in the University of Tachira, false accusations made against the Catholic University
- 2015-02-27 - The Bishops: "Stop murderous violence!"
- 2015-02-25 - More violence and protests: 6 dead in six days of demonstrations
- 2015-02-24 - Growing tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa denounces murder of 3 students
- 2015-02-20 - Police arrest Mayor of Caracas, for Archbishop Lückert “proof of dictatorship ”
- 2015-01-31 - Four churches attacked in Mérida
- 2015-01-30 - Mgr. Parra robbed during a parish meeting: "Money is spent on many things, but not on safety"
- 2015-01-13 - Dialogue to end the crisis: the exhortation of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-12 - Shops are empty: Cardinal Urosa calls on the government to act quickly and urges to remain calm