AMERICA/VENEZUELA - According to the report of an NGO, more than 500 deaths in prisons in 2013
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - The NGO Observatorio Venezolano de Prisiones (OVP) presented its annual report which states that the number of prisoners who died in prison in this country in 2013 was 506, "it is a high number", according to the director of OVP, Humberto Prado. The report states that 616 prisoners were injured in clashes, fights and other incidents. In addition, overcrowding has increased by over 20% compared to the previous year. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 31/01/2014)
- 2015-09-01 - The Bishops on the situation of conflict with Colombia: "Human rights are the same for all"
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals
- 2015-08-07 - There are 10,000 participants attending the III Youth National Meeting
- 2015-08-06 - National meeting among the indigenous communities for the protection of human rights
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk