AMERICA/VENEZUELA - According to the report of an NGO, more than 500 deaths in prisons in 2013
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - The NGO Observatorio Venezolano de Prisiones (OVP) presented its annual report which states that the number of prisoners who died in prison in this country in 2013 was 506, "it is a high number", according to the director of OVP, Humberto Prado. The report states that 616 prisoners were injured in clashes, fights and other incidents. In addition, overcrowding has increased by over 20% compared to the previous year. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 31/01/2014)
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk
- 2015-06-22 - Hunger strike in 12 states for political prisoners, the Church has been asked to intervene
- 2015-06-19 - "They have our support": Mgr. Conde receives young people on hunger strike and writes to the Pope
- 2015-06-05 - Appeal to the authorities in favor of protesters on hunger strike
- 2015-06-03 - The Church calls on the authorities to respond to the students on hunger strike
- 2015-05-30 - Six young people on hunger strike in a church in Caracas