AMERICA/VENEZUELA - According to the report of an NGO, more than 500 deaths in prisons in 2013
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - The NGO Observatorio Venezolano de Prisiones (OVP) presented its annual report which states that the number of prisoners who died in prison in this country in 2013 was 506, "it is a high number", according to the director of OVP, Humberto Prado. The report states that 616 prisoners were injured in clashes, fights and other incidents. In addition, overcrowding has increased by over 20% compared to the previous year. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 31/01/2014)
- 2015-11-26 - Tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa: "State officials must ask for peace"
- 2015-11-23 - With the closure of borders many children are unlikely to make their First Communion
- 2015-11-11 - The Bishops call for elections: "Free vote, essential to strengthen democracy"
- 2015-09-22 - The National Assembly of the PMS: solidarity with our brothers in the East
- 2015-09-18 - The National Assembly of Pastoral Care: Renew enthusiasm in evangelization
- 2015-09-17 - Crisis with Colombia: "Governments have not done their best to solve the crisis", said Mgr. Padron
- 2015-09-07 - Poverty and precariousness force people to seek food in the garbage
- 2015-09-01 - The Bishops on the situation of conflict with Colombia: "Human rights are the same for all"
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals