AMERICA/MEXICO - The commitment of the authorities to work together with the Church
Toluca ( Agenzia Fides) – The XVI National Congress of Missionary Childhood (see Fides 30/01/2014) opened yesterday in Toluca, Mexico, in the presence of the Bishop of Toluca, His Exc. Mgr. Francisco Javier Chavolla Ramos, and the governor, Eruviel Ávila Villegas. The latter, in his speech in front of more than 25 thousand children, stressed that Mexico does not allow children to be harmed, if they are, the law will strictly be applied. "Every time someone tries to hit a child, he will have to deal directly with the governor", he said, stressing the commitment of his administration for children and young people of Mexico, who are the future of the country.
The letter reported that the governor also noted that currently Mexican society is facing a crisis of values, and therefore the work and collaboration of institutions, including the Catholic Church is essential. In this regard, he stressed that his administration will strengthen its contribution through scholarships, schools, assistance for children with disabilities and the commitment to create opportunities for development. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 31/01/2014 )
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children
- 2015-01-26 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Central America discuss the issue regarding assistance to migrants
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem
- 2015-01-17 - "We must stop violent groups", said Bishop Gallardo
- 2015-01-16 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Guerrero appreciate the good will of the army
- 2015-01-16 - The New Testament in Tsotsil language in the pipeline
- 2015-01-14 - Corruption: a serious disease that has infected all
- 2015-01-09 - The priests of Guerrero "continue to preach the Gospel as always" despite threats and blackmail,
- 2015-01-07 - "The jungle law" does not stop theft