AMERICA/MEXICO - The commitment of the authorities to work together with the Church
Toluca ( Agenzia Fides) – The XVI National Congress of Missionary Childhood (see Fides 30/01/2014) opened yesterday in Toluca, Mexico, in the presence of the Bishop of Toluca, His Exc. Mgr. Francisco Javier Chavolla Ramos, and the governor, Eruviel Ávila Villegas. The latter, in his speech in front of more than 25 thousand children, stressed that Mexico does not allow children to be harmed, if they are, the law will strictly be applied. "Every time someone tries to hit a child, he will have to deal directly with the governor", he said, stressing the commitment of his administration for children and young people of Mexico, who are the future of the country.
The letter reported that the governor also noted that currently Mexican society is facing a crisis of values, and therefore the work and collaboration of institutions, including the Catholic Church is essential. In this regard, he stressed that his administration will strengthen its contribution through scholarships, schools, assistance for children with disabilities and the commitment to create opportunities for development. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 31/01/2014 )
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth
- 2015-07-22 - Truth, justice, forgiveness and reconciliation: the pillars of peace promoted by the Church
- 2015-07-20 - Young Chiapas form an orchestra with pre-Hispanic instruments
- 2015-07-14 - Bishops on the escape of El Chapo, "we are not naive, we must eradicate corruption"
- 2015-07-13 - "Corruption spreads when transparency remains only good intentions": the Catholic voice before the scandals
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend
- 2015-06-13 - A card to distinguish true priests from false priests