AMERICA/MEXICO - The commitment of the authorities to work together with the Church
Toluca ( Agenzia Fides) – The XVI National Congress of Missionary Childhood (see Fides 30/01/2014) opened yesterday in Toluca, Mexico, in the presence of the Bishop of Toluca, His Exc. Mgr. Francisco Javier Chavolla Ramos, and the governor, Eruviel Ávila Villegas. The latter, in his speech in front of more than 25 thousand children, stressed that Mexico does not allow children to be harmed, if they are, the law will strictly be applied. "Every time someone tries to hit a child, he will have to deal directly with the governor", he said, stressing the commitment of his administration for children and young people of Mexico, who are the future of the country.
The letter reported that the governor also noted that currently Mexican society is facing a crisis of values, and therefore the work and collaboration of institutions, including the Catholic Church is essential. In this regard, he stressed that his administration will strengthen its contribution through scholarships, schools, assistance for children with disabilities and the commitment to create opportunities for development. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 31/01/2014 )
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction
- 2014-09-24 - Priest found dead in the river Balsas
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations
- 2014-09-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – majority of child workers in Mexico’s south east regions
- 2014-09-08 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Appointment of National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societi
- 2014-09-01 - “Migrants: for a better world”, pastoral care for human mobility national meeting
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop