AMERICA/MEXICO - The commitment of the authorities to work together with the Church
Toluca ( Agenzia Fides) – The XVI National Congress of Missionary Childhood (see Fides 30/01/2014) opened yesterday in Toluca, Mexico, in the presence of the Bishop of Toluca, His Exc. Mgr. Francisco Javier Chavolla Ramos, and the governor, Eruviel Ávila Villegas. The latter, in his speech in front of more than 25 thousand children, stressed that Mexico does not allow children to be harmed, if they are, the law will strictly be applied. "Every time someone tries to hit a child, he will have to deal directly with the governor", he said, stressing the commitment of his administration for children and young people of Mexico, who are the future of the country.
The letter reported that the governor also noted that currently Mexican society is facing a crisis of values, and therefore the work and collaboration of institutions, including the Catholic Church is essential. In this regard, he stressed that his administration will strengthen its contribution through scholarships, schools, assistance for children with disabilities and the commitment to create opportunities for development. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 31/01/2014 )
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend
- 2015-06-13 - A card to distinguish true priests from false priests
- 2015-06-11 - The Bishops invite the winners of the elections to fulfil the promises made
- 2015-05-28 - The churches of Piedras Negras become centers of aid to people affected by the tornado
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?