AMERICA/MEXICO - The commitment of the authorities to work together with the Church
Toluca ( Agenzia Fides) – The XVI National Congress of Missionary Childhood (see Fides 30/01/2014) opened yesterday in Toluca, Mexico, in the presence of the Bishop of Toluca, His Exc. Mgr. Francisco Javier Chavolla Ramos, and the governor, Eruviel Ávila Villegas. The latter, in his speech in front of more than 25 thousand children, stressed that Mexico does not allow children to be harmed, if they are, the law will strictly be applied. "Every time someone tries to hit a child, he will have to deal directly with the governor", he said, stressing the commitment of his administration for children and young people of Mexico, who are the future of the country.
The letter reported that the governor also noted that currently Mexican society is facing a crisis of values, and therefore the work and collaboration of institutions, including the Catholic Church is essential. In this regard, he stressed that his administration will strengthen its contribution through scholarships, schools, assistance for children with disabilities and the commitment to create opportunities for development. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 31/01/2014 )
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace